free website stats program Summer apparel | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer apparel

Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 mesh jacket with armor, Diamond Gusset Defender jeans and my 3/4 helmet. After riding a Sportster for a couple of years, I was kind of surprised at how little airflow there is behind the fairing on the RG. The FF helmet is just too hot.

I confess wearing only t shirts in the hot summer months. We always wear boots and jeans never shorts or flip flops like I saw this pass week-end while on the road !

I bought the silver mesh jacket from HD. If I wear a light weight shirt under it I'm pretty comfortable so far. The hottest it's been is only about 85 so far. We'll see what happens when the temperatures get near 100.

I do have a problem with heat under my helmet. I'm going to start a new thread asking specifically about that.

Always boots, gloves, jeans. Summer I go with a half helmet and sometimes the orange and black HD mesh jacket over a T shirt. Sometimes just a tank or T shirt. The heat and humidity here in the south florida summertime is wicked.

Jeans, boots, t-shirts, half helmet. The heat and humidity in MO in the hot months will cause you to stroke out.

I wear the HD mesh jacket with shoulder/elbow armor. Rode all day in Las Vegas last month with temps in the mid to high 90's and it was great. Feels like no jacket at all when moving and not bad at all when stopped.

I like the looks of the mesh jacket. I see HD has 2 different ones. Which one do you wear? Also how do the "hydration packs" work?

Thanks

Last edited:
I like the looks of the mesh jacket. I see HD has 2 different ones. Which one do you wear? Also how do the "hydration packs" work?

Thanks

Mine's the silver one - I think it was called Tenacity or some such. No hydration packs.

Try summer in Spain; first summer, I was shocked at everyone
with tshirt, shorts and sandals.

Second summer, I joined them... just too hot

Have ridden in extremely hot weather, and still would not be in tshirt, shorts and sandals...one miscue or errant cager and your toast...literally! :small3d038: I would never travel in a foreign country and test their health care system...especially if I am on holiday!

Wear protective shoes, gloves, helmet (well ventilated light colored one), perforated leather jacket (Italy makes very high quality, fashionable light colored ones suitable even in red hot Spain) and Kevlar reinforced riding jeans...we want your continued posts here at HDTimeline...:14:

Jeans, boots, t-shirts, half helmet. The heat and humidity in MO in the hot months will cause you to stroke out.

Try summer in Spain; first summer, I was shocked at everyone
with tshirt, shorts and sandals.

Second summer, I joined them... just too hot

you guys need to come to north east ND. had four days break 70 degrees so far this year, it is now june 6 and the forecast for the next week is highs in the low to mid 50's, had frost warnings,[25 degrees last night] twice the last week. I would love to get in on some of that global warming please!!!!

Have ridden in extremely hot weather, and still would not be in tshirt, shorts and sandals...one miscue or errant cager and your toast...literally! :small3d038: I would never travel in a foreign country and test their health care system...especially if I am on holiday!

Wear protective shoes, gloves, helmet (well ventilated light colored one), perforated leather jacket (Italy makes very high quality, fashionable light colored ones suitable even in red hot Spain) and Kevlar reinforced riding jeans...we want your continued posts here at HDTimeline...:14:

Always with you on this topic NHD74F.
Easy for me to talk from the moral sartorial high ground when the temps in England rarely get into the 70s let alone beyond them. But it's just not worth it imho. We're all optimists and do not go out riding expecting a road kiss. Wearing a helmet with T shirt and shorts is just acknowledging that your brain is worth way more than your skin.
But I still value my skin :D.......

Back