free website stats program Summer apparel | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer apparel

Neal

:cheers What kind of hot weather gear " jackets " do you people wear? Would like some protection against the asphalt but don't want to die of heat stroke either!

If you go with a lighter leather jacket, some have perforated leather or zipper openings for "flow thru" ventilation. Get it one or two sizes larger so you can slip underneath mesh with CE padding and slip in pocket armour if you what protection for your arms, elbows back and chest by most reputable makers. Also wear the Kevlar reinforced "Riding Jeans" that have hidden reinforced areas highly resistant to abrasion and again have pockets for additional padded armour protection.

I wear the HD mesh jacket with shoulder/elbow armor. Rode all day in Las Vegas last month with temps in the mid to high 90's and it was great. Feels like no jacket at all when moving and not bad at all when stopped.

similar to doolittle, I wear a Joe Rocket mesh jacket w/ removeable liner... probably similar as the HD one. It breathes really well, has armor in back, elbows, and shoulders.

Here in NJ, our temps get warmer in the summer months, but not all that unbearable. I confess that I do most of my riding in the late afternoon when it's a little more temperate. I have a HD leather jacket with a zip out lining that serves me well. In hotter weather, I just wear a t shirt underneath. The jacket has plenty of zippers and vents and is comfortable.

i need some summer gear t-shirt has been all i used for the past 11 years
more i think about it the more i think i need a summer jacket

T-shirt,or tank top,I will even confess to wearing shorts if I'm only going to the boat. Its a pain to change after a 5min. ride.

I wear a leather jacket that has a zip out liner. When the temps get up there, I zip out the liner, unzip the two air vents in the front and the exit air vent in the back and switch from gauntlet gloves to shorter ones. I also wear a 3/4 helmet and I simply push down on the fresh air vent on top and that is what works for me.

T-shirt,or tank top,I will even confess to wearing shorts if I'm only going to the boat. Its a pain to change after a 5min. ride.

Try summer in Spain; first summer, I was shocked at everyone
with tshirt, shorts and sandals.

Second summer, I joined them... just too hot

I wear a HD leather with liner and zipper vents, long jeans, gloves and 3/4 helmet. When I was young and dumb, I wore shorts and T-shirt. I don't mind being a little warm. It's better than having the Doc trying to scrape out asphalt from your arms and legs.

Back