free website stats program Suitable lift/jack for sportster L | Harley Davidson Forums

Suitable lift/jack for sportster L

RAWLDYMAN

Can anyone enlighten me as to a suitable lift/jack for my bike? Any lifts I've checked out all seem to have a minimum height of about 5-6 inches. Since the ground clearance of the Sporty L is only 4", none of the ones I've looked at would fit - they would'nt go under the bike, right?.....OR....am I missing something here?
(I have done a search of the site and read relevant threads but none are specific to my situation)

Not knowing what to buy I threw a lot of money away on jacks. Do yourself a favor and buy a J&S and be done with it. It's not a cheap jack but once you pay for it you won't look back in my opinion.

Only problem I see is freight to where you live. It may be cost prohibited.

One more vote for the J&S bike lift. It made my life much easier and it is one sturdy son of a gun.

I had 2009 sportster custom and bought a Sears yellow lift. Can get it uder the bike easily but could not get the bike stable on it. Kick stand also gets in the way.
WAP.gif

Rawldyman; if you plan to have a motorcycle for long then definitely look into gettin g a quality jack (i.e. J&S or PitBull). If not, I know Torin makes one that is low (3" collapsed) for around $130USD. Just do some internet research & invest as much as you feel comfortable. Also, keep in mind, you can always get most of your $$$ back by selling the jack...good luck!

I have always prefered the Harley Davidson service lift because it does not use a hydraulic bottle and they lasts forever, and will stay at any height saftly. Have used them for years at dealerships daily and never a problem.
Jack.jpg

HD motorcycle service lift
This lift raises and lowers motorcycles by a hand crank, allowing
you to elevate the motorcycle up to 19" off the ground. A
friction disc helps hold the lift in place and wheels make it
easy to roll into storage. Minimum clearance for lift is 4-1/2
inches. Tie-downs must be used with Lift. Recommend using
Hog Ties® P/N 94649-98 and/or Hog Ties with Integrated Soft
hooks P/N 94672-99. Frame Protectors P/N 94675-99 also
recommended.
94653-98 $379.95
Fits all Harley-Davidson® V-Twin models (except Trike and