free website stats program Suggestions for 04 FXDWGI? | Harley Davidson Forums

Suggestions for 04 FXDWGI?

murph76

Looking to do some upgrades on the scooter, I sent my power commander out to be retested due to some electrical issues I had which required a new TSSM and ECM, going to get it reinstalled since it checked out good and add a Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather intake as well. Lookin for some ideas on cams or if itd be the right direction to go in at this point, should I put some focus on another area (ign, EFI, etc) obviously more power and torque is the goal, within a reasonable budget. Only mods right now are older version of SE A/C, Vance Hines pipes, soon to be installed Power Commander III with updated firmware and rev limits, dakota digital dash. Any help is appreciated. and just wanna say glad to be back online and on the forum, finished Warrant Officer school and just moved into El Paso TX at good ole Ft Bliss. Awesome harley dealer down here. Barnetts

You''ll feel the difference just from going to the heavy breather but a stage 2 would be next step. On your year & model I really like the S/E 211 cams with the S/E big bore high compression cast pistons. You could do just the cams with adjustable push rods but 211's really like compression. It's not too rad a setup but does make a rocket out of it The only problem I would have is I would want to do the HYBRID CAM PLATE AND HIGH FLOW OIL PUMP KIT while I was in the engine, and that adds up $$$$$$$. Where do you draw a line?

211 cam's With the heavy breather work great together. And for a little more bang get the SERT tuner, polish & port the heads, with a good tune. You'll be rocking.......:D

Ive been comparing the SERT to the PC III that I already have, and so far it seems like mixed reviews on the two. From what ive read about the sert it can be far better but has to tuned by a VERY experienced person, and is alot more tedious to mess with but actually interfaces with the ECM instead of "faking" it like the PC does. im no expert on this, just lookin for some more advice. and/or experiences with em, thanks

A sest now has a smart tune where it will suggest changes in the fuel map for you, has base maps built by harley you can just down load for most applications, you will need the cd & cables if you want to do it yourself, if you're not too modified with off the wall stuff the downloads work good, unless you want to dyno for a really find tune, and can also be used as a diagnostic tool, works with the o2 sensors and makes your stock ECM 100% programable so nothing has to be piggy backed on the bike, is upgradable over the internet so will never be out dated and as long as they have been out have never had one warranty, you just keep the module in a safe place at home.

You also might want to check out TTS they have a very good site with some good info. I have never used one so can't comment. But what I've heard has been all positive.

Power commamders have been around the longest, they are like a x wife they lie to the ECM about what the sensors are saying, they work and have good support, I have not had good luck with there down loads but tune out good on the dyno, they have to stay on the bike though, I have warranty quite a few over the years and they are good about it but if I have one fail it's there fault, if I have two fail it's my fault. You'll get better input on the power commander from others on the forum that run them, I've been away from them for a few years. I don't think your bike will run stronger with a sest then a power commander and if you all ready have one think about the $$$$$.

Back