free website stats program Suggested Passenger Briefing/Techniques | Harley Davidson Forums

Suggested Passenger Briefing/Techniques

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I finally found something that wasn't extensively covered by the Quick Tips Links at the top of the page!

Anyone have a link to a suggested briefing for your passengers? Special/unique riding techniques while carrying a passenger?

Just picked up my Street Glide Sunday and now my wife wants to go everywhere with me on it! Sheesh!

yeah - when stopping, keep your handlebars square and look straight ahead until you're fully stopped.

not a problem when you're stopping and going straight. however, when you pull up to an intersection where you're turning, especially right, you have a tendency to start turning right. that's okay - just make sure the handlebars are square (straight in relation to the bike, not the road) when stopping. looking straight ahead helps...

from the msf - passenger tips...

Got it all covered here:s

Bout time you got it away from those metrics, they will teach it bad habits.:D

When's the RK coming in?

Bout time you got it away from those metrics, they will teach it bad habits.:D

When's the RK coming in?

As long as she's not pregnant...

RK's going to have to wait a while. First, my wife is seriously considering getting a scooter...as in scooter. I saw an article in AIM that hinted that moco may be coming out with one. That would solve the problem of her having HD leather and trying to get away with it on a Vespa! :p

Also, have some big scuba expenses coming up. Going to Fla this summer for some cave training/diving. (Cave diving makes riding a bike on I-95 seem like a sane thing to do!)

I tell my wife to never take her feet off the pegs without me knowing. I saw the results of this happening to a rider who had the back of her leg driven up by the back tire. A good way for her to to learn to lean with you is for her to hug you and follow your lead while cornering.

I tell my wife to never take her feet off the pegs without me knowing. I saw the results of this happening to a rider who had the back of her leg driven up by the back tire. A good way for her to to learn to lean with you is for her to hug you and follow your lead while cornering.

You sure that's not just an excuse to get her to hug you!!

I just told my wife to lean or die, not move around when stopped,don't get on or off without telling me(important)she's the best rider I ever had.

Sorry not much help on this one. My speach has always been kinda short and sweet ie.

Sit on the fender put your arms around me and don't fall off.

Man I keep forgetting to get one of those shirts!

"If you can read this the (edited) fell off!" :D

FB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back