sub set of Road Kings?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by DanDolfn, Sep 15, 2011.

1. DanDolfn

DanDolfn Member

I'm puzzled. Just bought a 2011 Road King.

The pictures I see on the HD site and the spec lists I've seen show a decal on the gas tank and no cruise control or ABS brakes.

The bike I bought has a metal emblem on the tank (looks like aluminum and just says Harley Davidson) and has both cruise control and ABS brakes.

I can see maybe the dealer would order options like the cruise control and the ABS brakes, but that wouldn't explain the tank emblem.

Is there a sub-set of Road Kings that I don't know about?

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

3. DanDolfn

DanDolfn Member

But that's why I'm confused. The bike has the hardbags, like a plain Road King, not the leather bags for the Classic.

Here's the bike:

[​IMG]

Here's a close up on the emblem:

[​IMG]

4. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

If you search the VIN # at HD does it tell you anything more about the bike's options. Also, can't you call the dealer and ask about the option package.

5. DanDolfn

DanDolfn Member

Both the salesman and the manager I dealt with on out for a poker run in Key West.

Do you know where the VIN # search is?

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. A closer look at the pic's on the HD website, show different tank graphic/badging, none like yours. All have "classic" bags. Someone will come along and tell us what/why.

7. AFRetired

AFRetired Member

That's a POSE (Peace Officers Special Edition) tank badge and pinstripes

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

The VIN search is on the HD homepage but they moved it so you have to look around for it. I found it the other day.

9. DanDolfn

DanDolfn Member

That's a POSE (Peace Officers Special Edition) tank badge and pinstripes

I was wondering about that, but I thought you had to be an active or retired cop to get one of those.

10. AFRetired

AFRetired Member

After they have the bike on the floor for a certain number of weeks, they can sell it to anyone