free website stats program Sturgis to Spokane in 11.5hrs!(counting breaks) | Harley Davidson Forums

Sturgis to Spokane in 11.5hrs!(counting breaks)

acerider_01

Well fellas,
I believe the new StreetGlide is officially "Broke-in". I purchased it new on May 17th. It now (Aug 19th) has 8600 miles on it. I wasn't sure how long I could sit in the saddle. What better way to find out than a trip to South Dakota in August. I left Sturgis Sat. 8/11/07 at 8:30am (pst) and walked in the door at home (Spokane, WA) at 8:00pm the same day!! That's a little over 800 miles in 11 1/2 hours, counting lunch in Bozeman, MT. What a ride!! I felt good enough the next day to ride out to Deer Park for a joy ride with the boys.

you musta been haulin' a**. I had to sleep in billings. but I didn't leave till 12:30 pm

That's a great ride for sure, it averages out to almost 70 MPH not including breaks. How's the clatter in your 07 trans?

Glider, Noise is apparent in fairly hot weather, however, not unbearable, nor does it seam to affect performance. So, I consider it part of the character of my ride!

Peace

Back