free website stats program Stupid ... but lucky | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stupid ... but lucky

I use to ride on the left side of 'my lane' thinking I was seen, but many years ago, from a motorcycle driving course, I was told that you are seen more on the right side of 'you lane'. So most of the time that where I'll be. Of course no matter what side of your lane your in and where you are you still need to keep AWAKE, due to some dumb cagers.

Complacency is one of our worst enemies. Glad you have the experience and where with all to be able to make a split second decision. One of the toughest things I stress to myself and riding buddies is the learned ability to look where you want to go. This is one of our greatest maneuvers we need to learn so that when a situation arises such as your example we are able to negotiate out of harms way and not run into the obstacle that has entered our path. Thanks for sharing your experience for something like this can happen to anyone of us.

Glad it turned out well for all involved, sometimes experience is THE BEST teacher, thanks you for posted this, hope someone reads it and takes notes.

even in a truck thats dangerous. theres always some moron that thinks his time is more important than everyone elses and cant go with the flow. ive learned to assume that everyone on the road is the dumbest person on earth. sometimes it takes a reminder to bring it back to the front of your brain. glad your ok and got away with a reminder.

Glad u r still with us we can never be too careful, I dont reccomend this but if you close your eyes for the count of 3 @ 65 mph do you know how much you have traveled, its scary

The main thing is you, the wife and the scoot made it out of it without a scratch and it is a good reminder to you. Glad everything turned out good.

We're glad you got through it unharmed!. A good reminder for all of us . I know I appreciate the lesson.

walleye; glad you were able to avoid a bad situation & are here to post this lesson learned. I'm guilty of the same scenario & it's now again in the forefront of my mind to be cautious if I cross this path again. Thanks for sharing - can never teach an old dog enough tricks...;-)

Back