free website stats program Stung | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stung

Many years ago when i was a young lad and was on my first bike my good pal Willie was on the pillion and a bee did not like me smacking into him at 50mph and gave his best shot close to my right eye
I was in pain lucky for me bees here only sting once and the sting gets left behind they die shortly afterwards
I almost lost control but did get the bike safely to the side of the road and Willie squeezed the sting out for me but it still hurt bad for a while

Brian

This did not happen while riding, but it is a true bee sting story. While coaching my twin boys in Little league, we were in the field with Kevin (oldest twin) playing 3rd base. I am watching the pitcher, brother Keith, and batter when out of the corner of my eye I see a lot of movement. When I turned to see what was going on I see Kevin dancing wildly and swinging his arms, not knowing what is going on I yell at Kevin to stop and pay attention to the game, he did not stop. My next move is to raise my voice and when this did not stop the dance I hollered at him to stop right now! The moment he stopped the bee stung him right between the eyes. Try to get the picture of him dancing and me hollering. Needless to say after I saw what happened I felt real bad, but could not help but laugh.

It's funny just to read each post and visualize it happening. I replied to the time I was stung in the previous thread. But I also had an uncomfortable happening with a large brown hard shell flying beatle once. He flew into my mouth when I was a teenager riding with no helmet. I'm sure he was trying to crawl out and I was doing everything I could to help him including sticking my finger in there.

But his legs were shoving around everywhere and his sense of direction was confused because it must of been at least 15 solid seconds before that demon finally got out of my mouth. His feet (or whatever you call them) where sharp and his legs were extremely strong and they gripped so well I could not pull him out without getting cut. It was not something I want to go thru again. I learned to keep my mouth shut afterwards while riding.

(later edit) Haha just also read your post above Don that popped in about same time as mind. Enjoyed that one.

Surely wasn't the first time but a couple years back I was coming back from town and a bee went down my neckband on mt tee shirt and popped me on the shoulder. The very next day same thing happened. Got me within 1/2" of the last sting. I have learned not to wear loose fitting tee's anymore while riding.:D

It's funny just to read each post and visualize it happening. I replied to the time I was stung in the previous thread. But I also had an uncomfortable happening with a large brown hard shell flying beatle once. He flew into my mouth when I was a teenager riding with no helmet. I'm sure he was trying to crawl out and I was doing everything I could to help him including sticking my finger in there.

But his legs were shoving around everywhere and his sense of direction was confused because it must of been at least 15 solid seconds before that demon finally got out of my mouth. His feet (or whatever you call them) where sharp and his legs were extremely strong and they gripped so well I could not pull him out without getting cut. It was not something I want to go thru again. I learned to keep my mouth shut afterwards while riding.

(later edit) Haha just also read your post above Don that popped in about same time as mind. Enjoyed that one.

Haven't been stung riding my MC, but I have been stung riding my bicycle. I was climbing a long, steep hill. Out of the saddle, tongue wagging, breathing very hard. I was at my limit. Inhaled a honey bee. Stung me in the roof of my mouth. It all happened very quickly, but I choked, he/she stung, I cut the wheel and fell over, still clipped into the pedals. I actually chomped the bee and killed it. I had been stung multiple times before with no issues but I was very worried about having a reaction and my throat closing up. It the end everything was fine, but I wish I could have seen myself on video....

bees are better than hornets/wasps....they keep stinging!

Have not been stung in years, used to be allergic hope I have out grown it

Yea some years back going downt the freeway a yellow jacket flew in down my coller and started going to town with the stingin, got stopped and flung the jacket and shirt off to get rid of him, I wonger what all the cagers were thinking when they saw me yelling and tearing off clothes

I made the club a few months back a bee under my helmet chin strap, It caused enough pain that I had to park the scoot along the road for about a half hour.

Back