free website stats program Stumped, Need Help...Sportster Running Rough! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stumped, Need Help...Sportster Running Rough!

Sorry if this sounds really stupid, maybe you guys use different termoligie to us in the U.K. Am i reading this right the end result was additional fuel leaking in somewhere. thanks

Sorry if this sounds really stupid, maybe you guys use different termoligie to us in the U.K. Am i reading this right the end result was additional fuel leaking in somewhere. thanks

No stupid questions here, but I believe they are talking about a vacuum leak.

No stupid questions here, but I believe they are talking about a vacuum leak.
Thats where Im confused, If its a vacum leak then it will be taking in additional air, The origonal poster says its running to rich, not to weak.If Im reading this right, Hoople is saying that the equiptment bought from the fish shop will add some additional air. Is that right. thanks.

Thats where Im confused, If its a vacum leak then it will be taking in additional air, The origonal poster says its running to rich, not to weak.If Im reading this right, Hoople is saying that the equiptment bought from the fish shop will add some additional air. Is that right. thanks.

Yes, thats right. Thats why I was asking for him to report what exactly the leak was so we would know after giving him suggestions and trying to help. I was confused by the running rich statement and then to hear that he found an apparent vacuum leak. I suspect it was something we had mentioned earlier in the post that was probably overlooked or it wasn't running rich at all. Guess we'll never know for sure.

Bodeen

After the First Carb. was changed out and the bike ran the same RICH/Flooding,,,,,, :newsmile063:

Things SMELLED a little FISHY to me ALSO.....(no Pun on Hoople HAhahaha) :small3d004:

signed....BUBBIE

After the First Carb. was changed out and the bike ran the same RICH/Flooding,,,,,, :newsmile063:

Things SMELLED a little FISHY to me ALSO.....(no Pun on Hoople HAhahaha) :small3d004:

signed....BUBBIE

This thread is going nowhere so lets change the subject.
Speaking of Fishy, BUBBIE what are you holding in your avitar? and what are you standing on to make it look like your standing on your mc seat?

Hoople is saying that the equiptment bought from the fish shop will add some additional air. Is that right. thanks.

Yes. Since there was no means to measure CO content of the exhaust, the next easy way is to inject air.

To me it sounded like a problem with the carb just flooding the engine somehow (? maybe). But I really know nothing about slide or CV carbs. The theory of why a slide or CV carb is preferred over a conventional carb in an application like this escapes me.

Yes. Since there was no means to measure CO content of the exhaust, the next easy way is to inject air.

To me it sounded like a problem with the carb just flooding the engine somehow (? maybe). But I really know nothing about slide or CV carbs. The theory of why a slide or CV carb is preferred over a conventional carb in an application like this escapes me.

I think that slide carbs have been the prefered type of carb for a motorcycle for many decades due to ability to work at the lean angles that can be achieved on a sporting motorcycle
the cv type carb seemed to appear in the mid 70s and is supposed to work better than a slide carb at varying elevations above sea level

Brian

I think that slide carbs have been the prefered type of carb for a motorcycle for many decades due to ability to work at the lean angles that can be achieved on a sporting motorcycle

Now that would explain it. I never included lean angles into the equation, and for me it makes it easier to accept an idea when there is a good reason for it. :) Tks Brian

Back