free website stats program Stuck throttle syndrome | Harley Davidson Forums

Stuck throttle syndrome

kardar

I come across a stop sign where traffic gets very slow during the morning hours and I kind of ride the clutch for about 200 meters. I don't touch the trottle (rarely if i need to).

But after the stop sign when i resume normal riding the bike is reving high even without turning the trottle. First time I thought the trottle cable or something got stuck but it wasn't.
This has happned three times so far and only after I ride slowly in 1st gear at this stop sign. I have to kill the engine and then restart the bike which fixes this and it does not happen during regular riding.

But I am getting concerned, what is it and should I get the bike checked? The bike is a 02 Heritage fuel injected with 36000 kms

Thanks,

S Kardar

Not a mechanic, and I am sure some of those guys will chime in here, but IMO yes get it looked at. What you are describing is a loss of engine control, and while it probably has something to do with the computer and EFI settings in this specific instance it also could be a major hassle if it occurred at another time. I would hate to see it happen when you were already dealing with an emergency and cause an accident.

Good luck, and if you do get it checked share the results so we can all learn a bit.

Thank you, yes I did talk to my mechanic today. But before that I must say that today as there was not much traffic at that point and I only had to sort of slow down for about 25 yards it didn't happen.

Ok after talking to my mechanic he mentioned that on 02 Heritage this was an issue with the throttle body (something called IOF or IAF to be more specific).

I am taking the bike to him tonight to get it checked/fixed.

Back