free website stats program Stroker opinions please | Harley Davidson Forums

Stroker opinions please

jaxdwg

My buddy has a bagger, 04 ultra, and has the stroker and pistons to make it a 103, injected, with 211 cams. I have an 02 wideglide, carbed with 95" pistons and 211 cams my buddy says he had the guy go with lower compression, about 9:1 mine is 9.4:1. He outran me from a second gear punch and we shut em down about 100. he had me by a bike but he weighs at least 250 more than me so I was wondering if you guys think that just the difference in the stroke could give him that much more (EDIT) than mine. I know I can hole shot him and win in a 1/4 but as a straight up roll off he has a bit more pull and it seems that the only real other difference is the crank. Opinions please, I hate getting beat (by my buddy)

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this correct:

103 injected, 211 cam, 9:1, 250 more.lbs

vs

95, carb, 211 carb, 9.4 :1 , 250# lighter.

I hate to say it, but if you guys were the same weight I believe you would have really taken a beaten.

Is this correct:

103 injected, 211 cam, 9:1, 250 more.lbs

vs

95, carb, 211 carb, 9.4 :1 , 250# lighter.

I hate to say it, but if you guys were the same weight I believe you would have really taken a beaten.
exactly my question! does the stroker mean that much more?

Your asking a very abstract question. There are other answers to so many questions you would need to know.

Breathing and volumetric efficiency is everything. The HEMI combustion chamber design is a perfect example of what improved VE can do to an engines output. It's remarkable.

Your pipes,,,throttle body size vs carb size capacity,,,Air cleaner,,,Rocker arm ratio,,,timing position of cam shafts,,,,spark advance curve,,,are just some of the big hitters on the list that can be different on each bike.

Your asking a very abstract question. There are other answers to so many questions you would need to know.

Breathing and volumetric efficiency is everything. The HEMI combustion chamber design is a perfect example of what improved VE can do to an engines output. It's remarkable.

Your pipes,,,throttle body size vs carb size capacity,,,Air cleaner,,,Rocker arm ratio,,,timing position of cam shafts,,,,spark advance curve,,,are just some of the big hitters on the list that can be different on each bike.

The Hemi , Old Design was a very wasteful motor design I E shovel heads. They could be pumped up , the trouble was getting the flame front past the high domed piston, hence dual plugging the heads for more complete burn

Ok; it looks as if I was too lean on the top end and the n65c needle may have been masking it. I put in the stock needle with 2 washers and went to a 195 jet. It feels much stronger on the wind than before and is much crisper on the roll on. I can hit the limiter post haste now. Now I'll have to go find my buddy and try it again to see if I'm really feelin what I think I'm feelin or just convincing myself and bein old.

Ok; it looks as if I was too lean on the top end and the n65c needle may have been masking it. I put in the stock needle with 2 washers and went to a 195 jet. It feels much stronger on the wind than before and is much crisper on the roll on. I can hit the limiter post haste now. Now I'll have to go find my buddy and try it again to see if I'm really feelin what I think I'm feelin or just convincing myself and bein old.

Please let us know what happens. I still say there is something brutally wrong with the equation. I am assuming a 250# difference based on a 1100# bike and rider.(?...am I close) That is a huge amount (percentage wise) based on the overall weight of the projectile.

If all factors were the same, the H.P. required to offset that kind of weight difference indicates to me either you have 1 screaming machine or your friends bike is not up to standard by a long shot..

From my experience, striping weight off a projectile has more effect on its acceleration than increasing its H.P. Loosing weight changes the acceleration over the Entire length of test distance with an almost linear line of increase where as increasing H.P. will result in a curve of some sort that has peaks at best.

If all factors were the same, the H.P. required to offset that kind of weight difference indicates to me either you have 1 screaming machine or your friends bike is not up to standard by a long shot..

Help! I've been agreeing with everything up to this part. Did you get the bikes backward in this quote? I've been thinking the lighter bike with 14c.i. less was the underperformer in the roll on.

Your right. Either the lighter bike is a sled or the 103 is a rocket. Sorry about that.

IMO strokers have way more torque, better take them with a hole shot they keep thumping and pulling hard thru a different power band:s

Back