free website stats program Stripped damper rod bolt...Help! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stripped damper rod bolt...Help!

Just a little update to my situation. First off, I wanted to thank everyone, especially Jack for throwing some ideas my way to get this resolved.

Went down to my local stealer, and they immediately told me that I was (EDIT) and would have to buy another damper rod and my fork was worthless. (EDIT) , as at least offer up some ideas instead of scrapping the whole thing from the jump.

So I left there and went to Sears. Bought a 5/16 carbide tip, and drilled about a quarter inch hole into the screw. Pounded a T30 torx screw in it, jimmied up a homemade breaker bar, and it turned like a champ. Had no issue throwing the dealer a (EDIT) on my way back.

Now to deal with the incorrect new forks. Thanks again everyone.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Sorry bout that tank

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries Cmvsm...we know it is tough when you have a problem driving you crazy. Jack did prescribe the right tool for extracting "difficult" fasteners. Glad you were able to do the deed "on the fly." The use of a dedicated extractor, with proper sized drill as he stated is best...

tn513s3.jpg

Back