Street Glide windshield

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by zman1968, Nov 14, 2011.

1. zman1968

zman1968 Member

Do you all think the stock 4 inch windshield is adequate?

sent from the boondocks

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

It depends on how tell you are.:D

3. Dswartz

Dswartz Active Member

I'd say it's more for looks than being practical. There aren't many streetglide riders that wont get some wind in their face with the stock windshield. It's all about what you like. Wanna look cool and have a nice breeze keep the stock windshield. If not get a taller one.

4. oiler

oiler Active Member

I am 5'11" and I found that with the HD Windsplitter shield, is about 75% better than stock. Also looks good.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It's "adequate" for low to moderate speed travel, looking good, and keeping the fairing from looking naked. Otherwise, it's absolutely worthless. Most SG riders have switched to a slightly taller screen with a recurve on top - Clearview, Klockwerks, etc. Gives you an excellent compromise between looks and actual windshield performance.

6. rking

rking Active Member

I have the 6.5" windshield from KlockWerks, works great!

7. chuck60

chuck60 Active Member

It looks good, but it is very distorted when you have to look left or right quickly, I had one on mine for one day and then went to to 10" light gray, it works for me.

8. 11hdcustom

11hdcustom Member

I have the 7 inch tinted one from HD. I'm 5'9" and it works great. I wear a ball cap most of the time so I do have to have it a little tighter if I'm going to be on the highway.

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I'd have to say it was one of the first things I swapped...8.5" Klock Werks works well for me.

10. Nitrocrushr

Nitrocrushr Member

Stock windshield was more for looks in my opinion. I installed the 8" Windvest on mine. It's a great windshield and is MUCH better than the stock one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]