free website stats program Street Glide windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide windshield

Do you all think the stock 4 inch windshield is adequate?

sent from the boondocks

I'd say it's more for looks than being practical. There aren't many streetglide riders that wont get some wind in their face with the stock windshield. It's all about what you like. Wanna look cool and have a nice breeze keep the stock windshield. If not get a taller one.

I am 5'11" and I found that with the HD Windsplitter shield, is about 75% better than stock. Also looks good.

It's "adequate" for low to moderate speed travel, looking good, and keeping the fairing from looking naked. Otherwise, it's absolutely worthless. Most SG riders have switched to a slightly taller screen with a recurve on top - Clearview, Klockwerks, etc. Gives you an excellent compromise between looks and actual windshield performance.

It looks good, but it is very distorted when you have to look left or right quickly, I had one on mine for one day and then went to to 10" light gray, it works for me.

I have the 7 inch tinted one from HD. I'm 5'9" and it works great. I wear a ball cap most of the time so I do have to have it a little tighter if I'm going to be on the highway.

I'd have to say it was one of the first things I swapped...8.5" Klock Werks works well for me.

Stock windshield was more for looks in my opinion. I installed the 8" Windvest on mine. It's a great windshield and is MUCH better than the stock one.

StreetGlide32011023.jpg

32711024-1-1.jpg

Back