free website stats program Street Glide Windshield Upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Windshield Upgrade

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Been doing a lot of reading about some aftermarket shields that lesson the wind turbulence for rider and passenger. Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share about either the Cee Baileys SSC or the Klock Werks?

Pictures would also be helpful, especially from the front and from the rider's perspective. Websites have plenty of side view photos.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I lowered my seat height which got me lower behind the fairing. I swapped out the 4" stock windscreen for a 6" air deflector and added the side air deflectors. I am thinking of getting the air deflectors that are adjustable so I can change the angle to get more air on those really hot days.

I lowered my seat height which got me lower behind the fairing. I swapped out the 4" stock windscreen for a 6" air deflector and added the side air deflectors. I am thinking of getting the air deflectors that are adjustable so I can change the angle to get more air on those really hot days.

Thanks, BadX. Did you go with the HD 6" shield? Happy with the quality of it? I'm also starting to hear good things about Clearview shields. So many decisions to make!!

Went with HD 12'', Tried 10'', wind still in my face.
Hope pictures help.
M.H.

Attachments

• 2008_0305windshield0003.jpg
    2008_0305windshield0003.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 2008_0305windshield0029.jpg
    2008_0305windshield0029.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 2008_0305windshield0050.jpg
    2008_0305windshield0050.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 387
  • 2008_0305windshield0051.jpg
    2008_0305windshield0051.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 315
Chief,

Thanks - looks like I'd definitely be looking THROUGH the HD 12" instead of over. That's why I'll probably go with something shorter but with the recurve shape on the top to improve the pocket of air I'm riding in without affecting my seeing the road ahead.

I just put a 9 1/2" Clearview shield w/recurve on my 08 Street Glide. It's somewhat similar to the Klock Werks model. It makes a big difference over the 8" shield I did have on. Can still see over it very well, but the wind noise is significantly less. I can now hear a squeaking clutch cable that I couldn't before. I'm 6'0", so I do sit up fairly high.

Back