free website stats program Street Glide windscreens - Again | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide windscreens - Again

Here's the conclusion I've come to after trying several Clearview shields, installing the fork baffle, and adding the fairing mounted air deflectors - we ride motorcycles and it's always going to be windy!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to improve the situation but it can end up being a costly, never ending search for a non existent Holy Grail.

The Clearview with recurve works great and doesn't change the look of the bike that much. I'm not a fan of the more radical appearance of the Klockwerks or VStream type shields but if you like the way they look, give them a try. If you just want to try a taller shield, period, Fastaire has great prices on a wide variety of shields.

Here's the conclusion I've come to after trying several Clearview shields, installing the fork baffle, and adding the fairing mounted air deflectors - we ride motorcycles and it's always going to be windy!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to improve the situation but it can end up being a costly, never ending search for a non existent Holy Grail.

The Clearview with recurve works great and doesn't change the look of the bike that much. I'm not a fan of the more radical appearance of the Klockwerks or VStream type shields but if you like the way they look, give them a try. If you just want to try a taller shield, period, Fastaire has great prices on a wide variety of shields.
Check out Windvest's offerings too.
WindVest

I didn't care for the windvest on my bike. My bike developed a handlebar shake over 80 mph. immediately after I installed it,checked tire balance and true and it was all fine,removed the windshield and put mine back on and it went away.I have been running the 8" clearview recurve for about 2 months now and I am happy with it.

I didn't care for the windvest on my bike. My bike developed a handlebar shake over 80 mph. immediately after I installed it,checked tire balance and true and it was all fine,removed the windshield and put mine back on and it went away.I have been running the 8" clearview recurve for about 2 months now and I am happy with it.
First time I've heard of that.............What's different, between the Clearview and the Windvest? I know the Clearview is thicker............I think the Windvest for the Batwing is kinda squared off on the top corners and maybe the re-curve is more pronounced. On the Roadglide it works great.

Me too!!! :D

I love my Clearview w/ recurve. If you do decide on Clearview, you can ask for a "blem", they're much cheaper and the blemish (on mine anyhow) is so tiny you don't see it unless you look for it.

First time I've heard of that.............What's different, between the Clearview and the Windvest? I know the Clearview is thicker............I think the Windvest for the Batwing is kinda squared off on the top corners and maybe the re-curve is more pronounced. On the Roadglide it works great.

The windvest sits closer to upright on the batwing and combined with the more aggresive top curve it gave that handlebar shake or whatever you want to call it and took the fun out of high speed rides.For those that prefer to ride 70 and below all the time the windvest does kick the wind up and out of the way.

Back