free website stats program Street Glide Vs Ultra | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Vs Ultra

Go with the Ultra, preferably '09 or a 2010. The difference between the '08 and back machines is like day and night. In '09 they completely redesigned the machine, and even though it looks the same as the pre '09's,thats all they have in common. I bought a new Ultra last Nov and I cant say enough about the machine. I've been on Harleys for 46 years, and have 3 others besides the Ultra....If your into serious riding, its theway to go. If its just "T T" riding your gonna do (tavern to tavern),then it might be more than ya wanna throw around all the time. Thats why I have 3 other ones.....

Go with the Ultra, preferably '09 or a 2010. The difference between the '08 and back machines is like day and night. In '09 they completely redesigned the machine, and even though it looks the same as the pre '09's,thats all they have in common.

Hey Charley,

I'm looking at buying a SG/UG 2007-2008 what are the major differences in them? I've been searching the forums for them can seem to find that much difference for the bang vs the buck.

The big question should single or two up riding - short or long hauls -
i`m 5`10 w/long legs 140 lbs, still got H-D boots with 1 3/4 heal to balance , ride two up 75% of time , first time I rode a classic could not believe the wieght. but now its not an issue, for long hauls the ultra is way to go ,

Hey Charley,

I'm looking at buying a SG/UG 2007-2008 what are the major differences in them? I've been searching the forums for them can seem to find that much difference for the bang vs the buck.

The 08's have throttle by wire, 6 gallon fuel tank, and brembo brakes. Might be other stuff but I think those were the major upgrades over the 07's.

The 08's have throttle by wire, 6 gallon fuel tank, and brembo brakes. Might be other stuff but I think those were the major upgrades over the 07's.

Ok I'll lean towards the 08 then, yeah I know there was a good deal from the 06 to the 07. I thought the 6 gal tank was in 07, but the brakes are a good upgrade for sure!!

Ok I'll lean towards the 08 then, yeah I know there was a good deal from the 06 to the 07. I thought the 6 gal tank was in 07, but the brakes are a good upgrade for sure!!

I don't know what your budget is but if you can find a nice, used 2009 you'll get the touring frame enhancements and beefier rear tire, too.

I don't know what your budget is but if you can find a nice, used 2009 you'll get the touring frame enhancements and beefier rear tire, too.

I'm figuring a 07 for 13K-15K an 08 for 14K-16K 09 16K-18K I want to keep the payment as cheap as possible as with my current ride its a $200 payment and the better half is ok with that. That's why I was on the lower/older end of things. I'm SURE this wont be my last bike I purchase, (God willing) but I'll keep it for a 2-3 year window of riding then step up again to a newer bike.

Back