free website stats program Street Glide Vs Ultra | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Vs Ultra

Good call Smitty, for some reason I was wondering the same thing...WW1FlyingAce basically did the roundabout because he did not like the pinstripe, color scheme, paint option or something...kinda got lost in the Dave thang...

Just my two cents but if you ride with a passenger you can't go wrong with an Ultra. Riding two up was a primary reason for overcoming my minimalist tendencies and trading in my RK for the Ultra.

I agree 100%. I ride solo 99.9999% of the time and a EGlide Standard was just the right bike for me. An Ultra is a 2 up bike. none better

Neil

I put a reach seat and a tour pack on my Street Glide, as well, I picked up a handheld CB and push to talk system so I could talk with my husband. So what does my husband say "why didn't you just buy an Ultra"!

Well, for starters I didn't want all the extra chrome bits on the front fender and saddle bags as they get in the way when I'm washing the bike and I wanted the versatility of the different looks I can achieve by removing the tour pack and replacing with the passenger backrest and luggage rack for smaller trips.

Yes, it may have cost me a bit more in the long run but I would've had to lower the Ultra, put a reach seat on and making the tour pack detachable can result in loss of function for the CB anyway. I think I got the best of all worlds with this!! Best of luck to you in your decision!

Just a question but how did the middle option the elctric glide classic get over looked.
Put detachablr mount for tour pack and away you go[/QUOTE
==========================================================
The "middle" children (flht/flhtc) are so often overlooked.:) I'm happy with my classic. QD t.pack, short windshields, and a badlander seat, and it looks like a different bike .

The ONLY way you can go wrong with an Ultra, is if your really have your heart set on a Street Glide. (and hate pinstripes with a passion)

I just bought my 2010 Street Glide on Saturday and look at the Classic. I chose the SG because it's always the one I wanted. My wife got me looking at the Classic.

But Ace's bike is exactly the look I'm looking for. I'm going to get the detach tour pac for lengthy trips we plan on taking. But for short trips and around the "hood" it's stock SG look.

Good looking bike Ace. One of the best I've seen. Until mine is done..... :D

I thought that was nice of him. :lolrolling

I've since installed a security system to avoid future problems:

security.jpg

That is one verrrry verrry nice bike!!!! Unique in so many ways. Well done.

Did you buy a HD painted inner fairing or did you get it painted?

Neil

Our 2006 Street Glide with lowers and TP, (was a chilly day in Texas...and no we didn't just rob a bank)

Attachments

• 100_9612.jpg
    100_9612.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 29
OK I have been reading your posts but I have been on what they call here vacation.! I used a word to +describe a structure that holds back water in a river and got banned for a week Wow no warning or anything...I didn't know!
so While I was banned I made the move to the Streetglide..just got it yesterday and goin to ride it today...weather goin bad after today.

All I can say is I luv my Street Glide the more I ride it. :)Pretty silky smooth of a ride. Dropped the stock tranny fluid in it the other day and replaced it with the Spectro 6 Speed tranny fluid. Maybe I'll do the primary fluid this weekend.

I just bought my 2010 Street Glide on Saturday and look at the Classic. I chose the SG because it's always the one I wanted. My wife got me looking at the Classic.

But Ace's bike is exactly the look I'm looking for. I'm going to get the detach tour pac for lengthy trips we plan on taking. But for short trips and around the "hood" it's stock SG look.

Good looking bike Ace. One of the best I've seen. Until mine is done..... :D

Don't be surprised if you take it off a lot less than you're planning to. It's just so darned convenient, much more comfortable for your passenger, and it's behind you where you don't see it anyway.

Back