free website stats program Street Glide Vs Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Vs Ultra

Just my two cents but if you ride with a passenger you can't go wrong with an Ultra. Riding two up was a primary reason for overcoming my minimalist tendencies and trading in my RK for the Ultra. All the goodies and comfort items have completely changed my mindset. One or two riders it is a pleasure to ride. Been grinning ear to ear since I bought it. Yeah Smitty is right, making it your own distinguishable ride is a bit more of a challenge but can be done with patience and imagination. Got lots of ideas for mine but going slow on the implementation as all the important bits already done. I just love this bike!

Glad Dave gave you your bike back finally :lolrolling

I thought that was nice of him. :lolrolling

I've since installed a security system to avoid future problems:

security.jpg

I have read all the advice and comments...I was at the dealer today and that (edit) Street Glide is sweet...I didn't buy it today! I was thinking on the drive home why I was thinking ultra and stripping it down for a different look. I won't use the Ultra as it is intended...my long rides are 100 miles there and 100 back. I'm not heading cross country as far as I can tell at this popint of my life. If the street glide was as comfortable as my 2003 Heritage I would be happy with that for the type of riding I plan to do. So Im back at the street glide as the bike I would like to have...I am having a(edit) of a time deciding and thats not like me. My wife is even surprised I haven't bought something at this point....
Quick...........go buy a CVO Street Glide, You'll never regret it or look back for that matter. Slam some pipes on it, a TFI and then just SMILE! I had a 07 RG, put the docking kits, the Tour Pac, the chrome this and that, installed a 103" kit, pipes and a PC, got it Dynoed and still wasn't happy. My 02 RG with Andrews GD cams woulda blown it's windshield off. I added up all the stuff (don't EVER do this!) and found out I was into it for $30K +. I sold the (SELF EDIT) thing and bought my CVO, best thing I ever did.

I ride the 09 Streetglide, I test rode the road king (loved it) I test rode the Ultra and loved it as well, but I wiegh 150 and short legged (Im the runt of the family) I went with the FLHX becouse I felt more relaxed but I love the ultra as well, just alittle "top end" heavy for me........I love them all......lol

Back