free website stats program Street Glide rear fender tip light | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide rear fender tip light

StGlide1958

The tip light (led board) went dim on me. I have a fix you all might like. Rather than buying a replacement assembly, remove the assembly from the lower portion of the fender. The LED board inside is easily accessible by carefully separating the outer portion from the assembly. Two wires are soldered to the board (black and a black with white tracer). Replace the board with a LED strip like Stingerz or the ones you can get at Harbor Freight (10 bucks). Solder the Black with white tracer to positive, plain black to negative. 3M adhesive tape is used to place the replacement LED.
You now have a brighter tip light and a fraction of the price.

Hmm....
Very cool. At this time my bike is in the shop cuz of the accident. I'm getting a new light on the finder but it's good info for the future.
The tip light (led board) went dim on me. I have a fix you all might like. Rather than buying a replacement assembly, remove the assembly from the lower portion of the fender. The LED board inside is easily accessible by carefully separating the outer portion from the assembly. Two wires are soldered to the board (black and a black with white tracer). Replace the board with a LED strip like Stingerz or the ones you can get at Harbor Freight (10 bucks). Solder the Black with white tracer to positive, plain black to negative. 3M adhesive tape is used to place the replacement LED.
You now have a brighter tip light and a fraction of the price.

Interesting...did you take any pics of this mod for a visual?
Sorry but no I didn't take any pics.. As I mentioned just separate the lenses from the white housing. Inside you'll see the board in three small clips. Using a small pair of pliers, pull the LED board out and un-solder the wires. Replacement lights can be of any brand, but Stingerz from Custom Dynamics work real well. I am considering adding another strip to make it even brighter. If i do so, I'll snap a few pics of the process.

Love It!!

You can find so many different ways not to give the Moco your money and I love that we share them with each other.

A while back, I bought a cheap set ($40) of the LED lights out of AutoZone, just to see if they would work as additional brake lights. (They were made to be used for this)

Not only do they work, but I only set them up for brake, so now I have an additional set of lights that come on when I brake, and they flash at a different rate than the regular brake lights, so your eye really picks it up.

Keep the cheap tips coming

Love It!!

You can find so many different ways not to give the Moco your money and I love that we share them with each other.

A while back, I bought a cheap set ($40) of the LED lights out of AutoZone, just to see if they would work as additional brake lights. (They were made to be used for this)

Not only do they work, but I only set them up for brake, so now I have an additional set of lights that come on when I brake, and they flash at a different rate than the regular brake lights, so your eye really picks it up.

Keep the cheap tips coming
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES. :p

Back