free website stats program Street Glide or Road Glide? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide or Road Glide?

I have seen in person 2 new Road Glide Ultra's on the dealer floor and all I can say is I want one.... Parked next to my Heritage of course :D

I own a Road Glide and an Ultra Limited. From my experience, the batwing fairing provides better protection from wind buffeting, with a more relax feeling in the cock pit of the bike, however as some others have stated, the steering feels lighter and more sporty on the Road Glide, without the 30 lbs of extra weight hanging from your handle bars. You difinately feel the weight diference, when you go from one to the other. Gauges are more visible and accessable on on the street glide as they are on my Limited. I will say the frame mounted fairing seems to handle windy weather riding conditions better. I feel more wind resistance on my Ultra than the Road Glide with a head wind. Some complain that they can't see where there front wheel is on the Road Glide, since the fairing is always pointing straight ahead. My answer to that is just ride it and you will over come that issue real quick. You shouldn't be looking down anyhow, but where you want to go.lol

It all boils down do what your husband likes the looks of best. Some people hate the shark nose front on the Road Glide. He needs to ride both and make then decide.

Glad to hear he's going to be okay. I'd also recommend and advanced rider class. You can never have too much training!

I have seen in person 2 new Road Glide Ultra's on the dealer floor and all I can say is I want one.... Parked next to my Heritage of course :D

better buy them then...my brother purchased one...and they told him they could have it in a week (dealer trade)...they couldn't make that happen, none available...so they told him....maybe feb., and couldn't say that for sure.

another friend was just in a HD shop in Denver CO..and they said the same thing, none available!!

The Road Glides use to just set on the dealers floor..now they are the bike to have...must be something to it!!

My bro. ended up with a Ultra Limited.........very nice bike...but not what i would ride...Street Glide for me if I were in the buying mode.

Well, we saw the bike. At first glance it doesn't look so bad. A closer look shows quite a bit of damage. They may total it because it looks like the frame is bent. Highway bars aren't supposed to be "wrap-around", right?! :dknow

We really appreciate all the feedback. We looked at the Streetglide while we were there. It is Sedona Orange (the color he wants) with a Stage 1 kit. They also have a Sedona Orange Road Glide coming in.

Once we know what the insurer is going to do, we can move forward.

Again, Thanks!!!

Back