free website stats program Street Glide on the Harbor Freight | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide on the Harbor Freight

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out. Cannot beat that price and I have a Harbor Freight about 4 miles from me.

Bought myself the J&S Jack. Bike is now away for the winter. Slide the jack under my FLHRCI, jacked it to it's highest point and rolled it up against the wall. Easy to get to and out of the way, I start the bike while on the stand and even kick it into gear to get oil movement in the tranny and primary case. Bike is rock solid....

I agree with crasha51pan on the j&s jack for those who don't have room for the table lift kind.

I went to Harbor Freight Saturday and picked up the same lift. Paid 329 with the 2 year warranty. Also got the wheel chock, it was on sale for 19.99. Had it all together in an hour, and it works really great. Lifts the 'bob' up almost 3 feet.
Only trouble I find with it, is the blasted thing is so darn slippery! Going to find some way to spray paint and put sand on it or something!

BRIAN

Skateboarders use "Grip Tape", basicaly 3M Black Colored Gravel Finished Tape Strips in various lengths and widths. Commonly used on slippery cement steps and such in public offices and on truck bumpers. Harbor Freight may carry it, I know Lowes and Home Depot do as well...

I picked up a Sears motorcycle jack, nothing as nice as the lifts pictured above, hope it works OK.

Attachments

• sears jack.jpg
    sears jack.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 6
Could it be this motorcycle lift? Seems mighty fine to me and the price of admission is decent...

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

HarborFreightYellowLift.gif

clear.gif

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
clear.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Foot-activated pump leaves both hands free for positioning and stabilizing your ATV or motorcycle. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
  • Collapses to just 4-1/2" high for easy storage
  • Wide, low profile base with rear-mounted ball bearing swivel wheels
  • Rubber grip pads on lift saddle protects motorcycle frame
  • Four lockable work heights from 4-1/2" to 16"
  • Rubber grip foot paddle prevents sliding
  • Two-hand wheel brake prevents lift movement
  • Return spring for automatic release
  • Professional quality power unit and rust inhibit coating on ram and pump piston for long life
  • Extra long handle for easy lifting
[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]Capacity: 1500 lbs. max.; Lift range: 4-1/2" to 16"; Overall dimensions: 4-1/2" H (collapsed) x 15" W x 32" L; Pad dimensions: 2-3/4" W x 13-1/4" L x 1/4" thick; Ram travel: 5-1/4" L; Casters: 1-1/4" W x 2-1/2" diameter[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Shipping weight: 75 lbs.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]ITEM 2792-0VGA[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]$89.99[/FONT]

Got a sales paper in the mail last year and it had one of those in in for $49.00. My wife and I jumped into the car and ran down to Harbor Freight. I went inside with the paper and showed the manager. He was as excited as I was. But the problem was it was a J.C. Whitney paper. He laughed and price matched anyway.:newsmile100:

How much room does it really take? Can you park your ride on it? If so, not much more room than the bike already takes up, Correct? :13:

I picked up a Sears motorcycle jack, nothing as nice as the lifts pictured above, hope it works OK.

If you go to YouTube & search "motorcycle lifts" there's a guy w/this same jack & he shows how it wobbles w/the bike elevated. Even though aluminum's lightweight - don't think it's sturdy enough for hoisting 800 - 1500 lbs on a jack base. Otherwise it's a decent jack...

Back