free website stats program street glide noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

street glide noise

You changed to Mobile-1 at 100 miles? Wow! I hope your rings seat ok. That synthetic lube is pretty slick.

You changed to Mobile-1 at 100 miles? Wow! I hope your rings seat ok. That synthetic lube is pretty slick.

The rings will seat fine. CVO bikes and high end cars come with synthetic oil from the factory.

I change the oil in any bike I bought new to synthetic right away and never had a problem. The key is to break them in properly with any oil.

Harley Davidson Community

I had a rattle in my 2011 Ulta Limited it was so loud that my riding partner could hear it at a lite if he was on the R.H. side of me. I took it to my dealer [latus Motors] they agreed with me it was not good. They contacted the MOCO and they said do not touch it we will send a new cassette [assembled trans sans case] . They told the shop foreman that they were having a problem on some bikes in neural . They installed the unit and no more noise until it got very warm.I put on the V/H power chamber headers and spectro 6 speed tran oil and no more noise and the tran shifts and sounds perfect. I think the clutch cover sitting that close to the cat. it was was transferring too much heat to the trans. I hope my experience help you out!!!!

Olbill

I had a rattle in my 2011 Ulta Limited it was so loud that my riding partner could hear it at a lite if he was on the R.H. side of me. I took it to my dealer [latus Motors] they agreed with me it was not good. They contacted the MOCO and they said do not touch it we will send a new cassette [assembled trans sans case] . They told the shop foreman that they were having a problem on some bikes in neural . They installed the unit and no more noise until it got very warm.I put on the V/H power chamber headers and spectro 6 speed tran oil and no more noise and the tran shifts and sounds perfect. I think the clutch cover sitting that close to the cat. it was was transferring too much heat to the trans. I hope my experience help you out!!!!

Olbill

I don't get it? New trans and you still have the noise when warm? Whats the difference between the new and old trans if you still have the same noise? If losing the cat was the solution, would it have quieted the original trans? When did the moco authorize the new trans? They've been saying this is normal noise (neutral rattle) since 2009.
Gary D.

Performed the proper break in procedure (not the HD recommended one) as I left the dealers parking lot with the bike. The way that original oil looked with only 100 miles on it made me glad I dumped it as there is no way running it like that until the HD recommended 1000 mile first oil change interval can be good for your engine.

2500 miles later and she is running great! :D:D

The original noise was extremely bad after the repair you could not hear a thing until you got down buy the trans side cover and listened very close to the trans and you could hear a little and it was more gear noise than any thing else then the headers and the oil it is totally silent.this happened at 450 miles i have 14000+ and it is perfect

Have been running Amsoil 75w-140 in my 07RK for the last 15k of its 40k. Still remember how impressed I was when I first Drained the Redline And replaced With Amsoil. Much Quieter And not as clunky at shift.

Relating to Harley Synthetic Oil

Harley doesn't sell and or market synthetic oil. They do however market and sell Syn3 oil, which is a synthetic blend of oil comprising approximately (up to)40% by volume (IIRC) of carbon based lubricant. It's not 100% Synthetic though.

Back