free website stats program Street Glide fairing speakers | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide fairing speakers

I have an 09 Street Glide and am going to be installing that auxillery light kit. I was wondering while I am in there, fairing off, which speakers would be the best to upgrade to. I read some good about Hog Tunes and now Harley is offering Boom!Audio. Which are better or are there any better speakers out there? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

If money's not a big factor I would upgrade the speakers and do the amp at the same time. You should also line the inside of the fairing in the speaker area with Dynaxorb - really improves the acoustic qualities of the fairing where the sound waves come out the rear of the speaker and get reflected.

Hogtunes has speaker/amp packages that usually get great reviews. I have J&M speakers and they're really an improvement over stock, too.

Agree with the Hogtunes..2 sets so far, mine and the wifes bike.Dont see a need for the amp though.Come to a stop with the tunes blairing and then you realize how loud these speakers are....

I'd go with the Hogtunes with amp....A friend of mine has the 6-speaker set-up with the hog pod on his Ultra, and it rocks!:D

I have the Hog Tune speakers with the amp & it sounds great IMO I went with the amp because the RG only comes with 2 speakers but with 2 or 4 speakers I would get the amp because it will really enhance the sound quality IMO .

Thanks for all the advice. IO was also looking at a set of Polk Audio speakers at Crutchfield. Not sure if I could find an amp that would work with these.

Back