free website stats program Street Glide CVO Shocks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide CVO Shocks

they have an adjustable pre load, hand adjustable. so much better than air shocks.imo.. i dont like the air shocks at all, :no

Just get a set of progressive then they are some of the best out there.. i like the air shocks myself

sometime i will go one or the other.. the air shocks bottom out alot. even at full pressure.. then they seep a couple psi. from time to time. i am just a fan of adjustable hydrolic because i just retired a sportbike for the hd. you cant beat a hydrolic suspension. the ride and performance are superior. this is my opinion tho. everyones feel is different. like some likes cadillacs..:D.. id go for a lincoln...:cheers

sometime i will go one or the other.. the air shocks bottom out alot. even at full pressure.. then they seep a couple psi. from time to time. i am just a fan of adjustable hydrolic because i just retired a sportbike for the hd. you cant beat a hydrolic suspension. the ride and performance are superior. this is my opinion tho. everyones feel is different. like some likes cadillacs..:D.. id go for a lincoln...:cheers

Changing the shock oil fixs the bottoming as for psi leakage it is what it is mine loses about 2 psi a week

Changing the shock oil fixs the bottoming as for psi leakage it is what it is mine loses about 2 psi a week
ive checked for leaks,, for the status of the bike, shocks that leak are bit annoying. of course its minor. my first response was, a 20k motorcycle with shocks that cant hold air.. whats the prollem.....:33: also what oil do u suggest... i will look in the self help area.

bud what was the final oil amount to put back in?? saw u had 11ozs as too much?

Last edited by a moderator:
I disconneted the air lines and let the bike settle and had paper towels to catch the oil .. rough guess i emptyed 1/2 OZ I used 10wt bel ray fork oil

And a beer tap on the bars :lolrolling
Ah there you go, normally it is comfort options first then the performance mods, rather than convenience options...but hey...satisfaction is the name of the game.

Actually, a nice tati for the road and not even have to get off the bike...that really IS progress!!! Smitty already said insulated coolers are already available...so a beverage dispenser with a frothy top is not all that bad a stretch! :cheers

As for shocks oil or air and oil, it's all good, shouldn't lose that much air so quickly though, probably unsealing Schrader valve o-ring or leaky ones in the fittings, so use that soapy water and find 'em. Also if you modify oil only shocks with air valve "assist" they are not made to handle high air pressures like ones designed for that purpose so don't put more than 25 psi in there or you may blowout/damage the internal seals. :33:

Last edited:
I can't locate where I read it, but it's also my understanding one shock handles compression and preload while the other handles rebound duties.
I think these (CVO) rear shocks along with the 18” wheels have added even more handling to an already improved chassis.
It seems that one of the most overlooked components on a Cruiser is always the suspension, yet in my opinion it’s more necessary on an 800 lb. bike than say a bike half its weight. Aside from Cruisers, the only class of motorcycles with budget suspension is usually entry level bikes. Take into account any of the Sport Touring bikes where at a minimum both front and rear suspension is usually fully adjustable for preload, compression, and rebound.

Back