free website stats program Street Glide Auxilary Lights - 69818-06 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Auxilary Lights - 69818-06

skcm2006

I want to install the auxiliary light brackets on my 09 Street Glide using the 69818-06 (bracket) kit.

Is this easy for a novice wrench turner? Any challenges doing this job myself, any tips or advice?

Thanks

Don't know if you have the part yet but if you don't and wondered what it involved, go to the Harley web site and find your part.
There is an instruction sheet there you can download.
Then you'l know what it will take.

Gusotto had the right idea, went to Google...typed in 69818-06 pdf and found this site that has picture of unit and link to the pdf instructions...

Harley-Davidson® Auxiliary Lighting Bracket 69818-06

tn765s3.jpg

skcm2006; I'll let you know when my garage warms up a bit...I've got the same kit w/smoke bulbs waiting for install. After studying the instructions 4-5 times (some steps written in Greek) it looks pretty straight forward. Cross-reference w/your HD service manual & wiring diagram(s). Still pondering if I want to use existing accessory switch on bike, or install one w/kit??? Another thing you might want to consider is getting a deutsch crimping tool b/c you need to install pins into wiring harness. All I need now is a nice 40-degree day...

Looks like your connectors are already installed.
Any of the kits I've installed from Harley already had the terminals crimped on.
I think they want to make sure of a good connection so they take that possibility of goofing them up away from the customer.

New to the site. I put this kit on my bike about two months ago, the only tough part was getting the Amp connecter crimping tool to put the connectors together, luckily I "knew a guy" with one, as they are expensive.

Yes, you actually have to assemble the pins in the connector on this kit, and at least my eyes are what they used to be. I would say this kit isn't for the novice mechanic, but even an experienced weekender should be able to get it on. One last tip, if you run with your high beams on, make sure to switch it off "before" testing the aux lamps. I got a lot more experience at removing the faring than I needed.

get yourself an extra 9/16 socket 3/8 drive and cut a slot in it like an o-2 sensor socket it will make it easier to tighten up your aux lights

I had the H-D shop do my bike so if anythimg would burn up they would have to fix it. Plus it is still under warranty and I was worried that what ever I did to my bike would void my warranty.

Back