free website stats program Street Glide and stock shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide and stock shocks

JimmyDee

GoodMorning,

There has been much conversation about upgrading the stock shocks on a Street Glide. I guess my bottom is not very sensitive or ignorance has been bliss, because I never thought about it until I started reading about several SG owners making the change.

Was just curious if I was the only SG owner riding around with stock shocks and if not do you plan on making the change in the future?

Have a great day.!
Jim
2008SG

I also have a 2008 SG. It has 59.000+ miles and still have the stock shocks in which I ride solo with 20-22 psi. They seem fine although I did replace the left shock around 50,000 miles because of leakage. I heard that's common because of the bike leaning on the left side when on the stand. It will be interesting to see the response of guys that switched and curious to see how long they rode with the stock before they made the switch.

I have kept my hd stock, How ever I switched to sg shocks to lower a bit on my 2010 flh classic I run 50 PS I. I find them fine.

GoodMorning,

There has been much conversation about upgrading the stock shocks on a Street Glide. I guess my bottom is not very sensitive or ignorance has been bliss, because I never thought about it until I started reading about several SG owners making the change.

Was just curious if I was the only SG owner riding around with stock shocks and if not do you plan on making the change in the future?

Have a great day.!
Jim
2008SG

Once I learned how the load the rear shock with the correct PSI for
my rump, I have had no issues with the OEM. If it ever fails, I'll upgrade then.

all forums are a buzz about the SG stock shock lately
I have them and they are adequate, if they were not then I would upgrade.

Just finnished installing Progressive 940's on my 09 SG, no time to ride today so weather permitting I give it a test ride tommarrow. I changed to the new shocks manly for the 1" drop and not having to fuss with checking pressure.

Just replaced the stock shocks on my 08 Electra Glide Classic. The left one began leaking. I went with stock Street glide shocks. Like someone mentioned, I can't tell the difference. I'm 6'1" and have a 34" inseam. My wife, who is much shorter says it is easier for her to get on/off. Handling is the same.

Back