free website stats program Street Bob shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob shocks

Friends new Street Bob has Hagon replacement shocks, we can't understand why anyone would want to do this, the shocks on my Superglide are fantastic. Any problems with Street Bob shocks?

I'm running a 2011 Sbob all stock at present. I live out in the sticks and the roads are tight n twisty an bumpy.After 10 minutes on them I hit the open road with better surface and fast sweepers.

I have found no problems to date with the stock suspension. I jacked the rear preload up one notch to cope with some luggage and have left it there.
I'm probably about 190 lbs in riding gear.

I just put Progressive Suspension 440's on my 2006 Street Bob. I do a fair bit of long rides 2up with camping gear.
Either solo or 2up the difference in ride is impressive!
Shocks rebound much faster giving better performance and don't bottom out. They adjust easily with no tools from soft to stiff.

CUElevatorSunsetrear.jpg

So you all seem to be saying the Street Bob stock shocks suffer the same as Sportsters. Look for a Set of Superglide shocks.... no problem with them.

I just put Progressive Suspension 440's on my 2006 Street Bob. I do a fair bit of long rides 2up with camping gear.
Either solo or 2up the difference in ride is impressive!
Shocks rebound much faster giving better performance and don't bottom out. They adjust easily with no tools from soft to stiff.

Thanks I will check those out. I like your bars.

So you all seem to be saying the Street Bob stock shocks suffer the same as Sportsters. Look for a Set of Superglide shocks.... no problem with them.

Thanks I will check that out also, I notice all the Dynas have different HD part numbers on shocks.

I'm running a 2011 Sbob all stock at present. I live out in the sticks and the roads are tight n twisty an bumpy.After 10 minutes on them I hit the open road with better surface and fast sweepers.

I have found no problems to date with the stock suspension. I jacked the rear preload up one notch to cope with some luggage and have left it there.
I'm probably about 190 lbs in riding gear.

How did you adjust the preload? I can't budge my FXDC. Did you have to jack the bike up to get the load off the shocks?

How did you adjust the preload? I can't budge my FXDC. Did you have to jack the bike up to get the load off the shocks?

No sir, I have a tool, its designed to adjust shocks, I think HD dealers sell em, but I have a couple lying around from when I had other makes of bikes that came with tool kits.
I live in Europe, so kinda difficult to send you one of mine, but mebbe some kind soul over there can let you have one.
Basically its a crescent wrench with a nib on the top of the crescent which goes into the holes on the base of the shock, then you turn the base until it clicks in and preloads the spring.
Hope thats of use.

Back