Street Bob shocks

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Bramble_skull, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Bramble_skull

Bramble_skull Member

Friends new Street Bob has Hagon replacement shocks, we can't understand why anyone would want to do this, the shocks on my Superglide are fantastic. Any problems with Street Bob shocks?

2. blueglide

blueglide Member

I'm running a 2011 Sbob all stock at present. I live out in the sticks and the roads are tight n twisty an bumpy.After 10 minutes on them I hit the open road with better surface and fast sweepers.

I have found no problems to date with the stock suspension. I jacked the rear preload up one notch to cope with some luggage and have left it there.
    I'm probably about 190 lbs in riding gear.

3. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

The SB is ok till you hit a hard bump. Then it feels like a rigid frame.

4. cdn-bigfoot

cdn-bigfoot Junior Member

I just put Progressive Suspension 440's on my 2006 Street Bob. I do a fair bit of long rides 2up with camping gear.
    Either solo or 2up the difference in ride is impressive!
    Shocks rebound much faster giving better performance and don't bottom out. They adjust easily with no tools from soft to stiff.

[​IMG]

5. Bramble_skull

Bramble_skull Member

So you all seem to be saying the Street Bob stock shocks suffer the same as Sportsters. Look for a Set of Superglide shocks.... no problem with them.

6. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Thanks I will check those out. I like your bars.

Thanks I will check that out also, I notice all the Dynas have different HD part numbers on shocks.

7. redcad

redcad Member

How did you adjust the preload? I can't budge my FXDC. Did you have to jack the bike up to get the load off the shocks?

8. blueglide

blueglide Member

No sir, I have a tool, its designed to adjust shocks, I think HD dealers sell em, but I have a couple lying around from when I had other makes of bikes that came with tool kits.
    I live in Europe, so kinda difficult to send you one of mine, but mebbe some kind soul over there can let you have one.
    Basically its a crescent wrench with a nib on the top of the crescent which goes into the holes on the base of the shock, then you turn the base until it clicks in and preloads the spring.
    Hope thats of use.

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

10. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

So they won't turn either direction you turn them ?