free website stats program Street Bob Saddle Bags | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob Saddle Bags

I have Leatherlyke, which aren't too expensive, easy to put on or take off, lockable, and double as coolers for when, you know, you need a cooler. Google em up. You do have to relocate the lights but that should be done anyway cuz the laydown plate with the lights looks really cool.

The fox creek bags don't require turn signal relocation. Fox Creek is an American business with an excellent reputation, apparently their jackets are the bomb.

I have an 08 Street Bob and am thinking about adding some saddle bags, nothing big or bulky though. Does anybody have any suggestions? Pics ? I've looked throught the HD catalog and kinda like a set in there but $899 seems a bit steep. Also, is relocating the tailights necessary?

Thanks,
bh:42:

You will most likely need to relocate the rear turn signals to install any bags you choose. Most bags, if any at all, will not fit with the stock setup. I used the Layback License Plate and Turn Signal Relocation Kit, item 60215-06, and an afternoon on my '07 and have no regrets.

IMHO the bike looks a whole lot better with the laydown license plate and the closer-in turn signals than it did stock.

Good luck.

Relocation Kit questions

I am defintiely getting the turn signal relo kit with laid doen plate. I was looking over my bike and had a question. What needs to be done with the stock mount area? Is there an insert or something? I just bought my first Dyna 08 Street Bob this weekend so the upgrade list is getting made now.

Re: Relocation Kit questions

.... What needs to be done with the stock mount area? Is there an insert or something? ....

Your quick release saddlebag mounts will go there. Or other saddle bag mounts.

I would recommend sticking with the HD quick release, especially on a Street Bob.

You're not gonna want those bags on there all the time!

You should see the NEW Rigid locking Leather Saddle Bags from HD.

On their website.

Dealer tells me they come with mounting hardware but are not quick release.
I plan on mounting them to my quick release sideplates with a little custom drilling and bolts.
Badabing. Quick detach bags.

Re: Ultra rear nut question?

Thanks for the quick answer. I already have the belt tension tool. Now heading to the store to get a new socket.

I like a little looser than tooooo tight on the belt...

Remember: Riding and Heat will tighten it on a ride and sometimes TOOOOOOO Tight even when thought to be correctly adjusted... :newsmile03:

signed....BUBBIE

Back