free website stats program Street Bob Passenger Pillion | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob Passenger Pillion

J-Way

I just got the setup for it on my Bob and am unhappy to see that it involves sticking rubber squares permanently on the paint. Why remove the seat if its going to look like crap. Anyone out there have another option for getting a pad back there. I use it so rarely I would hate to ruin the look (or paint). I have seen a bib that covers it but I love the bare fender. Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I am guessing no one has any ideas. I am thinking that getting a magnet like they use for signs on cars and fitting it to the fender with the pads mounted to it. These magnets are strong as hell. Should be tight and easy to take on or off. Has anyone tried anything like this.

If the rubber bumpers are not deep enough to attach to the seat itself, I would try to obtain another set and double them up with 3m double sided tape. Then attach to the seat pillion, not the fender.

I have a Mustang pillion and the bumpers were attached directly to it. Even so I use two small squares of microfiber cloth at the contact points so as to not leave any marks on the paint when the pillion is removed from the bike.

I found a piece of carpet cut a bit smaller than the outline of the seat works well also and distributes the weight better over the fender so you get no marks in the paint (fuzzy side down)

Thanks guys, I had thought about those ideas but wasn't sure if they would vibrate under the weight of a passenger and mar the paint. Good to hear some success stories!

Back