free website stats program street bob forward controls | Harley Davidson Forums

street bob forward controls

litlwarrior

I thought I saw a thread about someone selling some forward controls. Cant find it now. Anyone know who that was? Looking for a 2007 Street Bob.

Thanks

Any one put forward controls (brake an clutch) on a new street bob ????? Got any suggestions or where to buy parts reasonable??? Will wait for input ....Thans Bones

If you're wanting used, check the classifieds here, eBay, or craigslist.

If you want new, you can get the Harley kit online from Chicago HD, Zanotti HD or others at about a 20% discount or about $280.00

If you want Kuryakyn, check Eastern Performance's website.

I cant understand why the 09 streetbob came with mid mounted controls. I know its not a comfortable ride at all. You would think with the mini apes, H-D would make the forward controls standard. I guess they figure they can get u back in there and spend even more money on parts/labor.

I cant understand why the 09 streetbob came with mid mounted controls. I know its not a comfortable ride at all. You would think with the mini apes, H-D would make the forward controls standard. I guess they figure they can get u back in there and spend even more money on parts/labor.

Remember, the Dyna is one of the smaller bikes in the Harley line-up which is goint to make it attractive to many smaller framed shoppers. Some folks just can't reach forwards, some like the mids because they feel the mids offer more control during aggressive riding.

I, like you, prefer the forwards, and changed to them as soon as I got my bike. At $300 and an hour of my time, they really helped make the bike fit my 6'2" frame at a moderate price.

what do you have to do to add forward controls yourself? Is it just removing the primary cover? I'm in the middle, I have highway pegs right now but I always find myself trting to get my feet on them instead of the mids as soon as I can. I'm only about 5'9" so I guess I can go either way

Back