free website stats program Street Bob Apes | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob Apes

Cowhead

I'm new here, so I'm sure this has been covered. I want to put 16"(or should I go 18") apes on my 08 Street Bob.
Just wanting to know what is involved and cost etc...

Thanks

The height of the bars depends greatly on how tall you are. With apes like that you will definitely need new throttle cables, cluch cable, wiring extension and new front brake line. There is a company out in Texas that can put together a complete package of just what you need. If it's ok I will post a link to them.

I thought some of the 08's had the fly-by set up??

That may very well be true!

Their phone number is 512-264-7333

Harley Ape Hangers - Hill Country Custom Cycles

They have a Ebay store also under hcccycles

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new here, so I'm sure this has been covered. I want to put 16"(or should I go 18") apes on my 08 Street Bob.
Just wanting to know what is involved and cost etc...

Thanks

The height of the bars depends greatly on how tall you are. With apes like that you will definitely need new throttle cables, cluch cable, wiring extension and new front brake line. There is a company out in Texas that can put together a complete package of just what you need. If it's ok I will post a link to them.

I thought some of the 08's had the fly-by set up??

If you could post a link that would be great. I think I would rather buy it all at once (If I can afford it). I'm 6'2 and have ridden a couple of bikes with 16"s. they felt fine. What is a Fly-By setup???

i have a 08 street bob and iam having 18 put on as we speak , new cables and brake lines and all that the bars were only 60 bucks and to have all that installed , around 500 bucks , well worth it

Here are a few pics. One with stock bars and other with 16" apes. I'm 6'4" and find them very comfortable.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 68
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 64
Back