free website stats program Strange TruckLite problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Strange TruckLite problem

Ok, I found the problem. I have been out to sea a lot (Navy) so troubleshooting has been delayed. It turns out that one of the wires from the switch was loose from the crimp. Not sure what the previous owner did, but all of the wires were cut and crimped together. I am removing all of the crimps and soldering everything to make it much cleaner and secure. Bought the bike in 2014 with 5K miles.

Out of all the electrical problems that we run into at my shop more than 90% have to do with these pinched style connections. They allow water to get into them leading to corrosion and of course nothing works after that happens. We're fighting the same problem on a Bronco where the rear window in the liftgate does not work. And like your issue these pinch type connectors are comming apart and the connections are green and fuzzy.

If I do use a pinch connector, I use the pinch connectors that are jelly filled. They won't trap moisture and corrode. Soldering is always my first choice.

Back