free website stats program Strange rattling noise.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Strange rattling noise..

Also check the right front floor board pivot bolts. You can duplicate noise just by banging on floor board itself....:s

I'll do that. Of note, I had that floorboard off about 6 mos ago when I installed my Rhinehart system. Might be the culprit.

A friend of mine was also hearing a rattle, if you have the 4" Rhinehart mufflers the baffles are held in by the end caps. They are going to send him a kit with longer screws.

A friend of mine was also hearing a rattle, if you have the 4" Rhinehart mufflers the baffles are held in by the end caps. They are going to send him a kit with longer screws.

I do have the 4" mufflers. Thanx for the tip, I'll check that too.

Do you have any kind of spark plug cover installed on your bike. Mine had one of the setscrews come loose. Took me forever to find it. Made some of the strangest clicking sounds.

Found it. For once, it was right where the sound was coming from. Removed the AC cover and there it sat, one of the small screws that hold the filter in had backed out and was laying on the bottom of the housing. Took five minutes. This is the first time I have ever tracked down a rattle, squeak or buzz this quickly. After 9 years of owning Harley's maybe I'm getting the knack of it. :)

Found it. For once, it was right where the sound was coming from. Removed the AC cover and there it sat, one of the small screws that hold the filter in had backed out and was laying on the bottom of the housing. Took five minutes. This is the first time I have ever tracked down a rattle, squeak or buzz this quickly. After 9 years of owning Harley's maybe I'm getting the knack of it. :)

:s Good on you, always go with your first instinct:s

Back