free website stats program strange question? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

strange question?

You need to keep the bike still in order to determine if the vibration is caused from the engine or something other.
Divide the problems=> Vibration problem and lugging problem.
Since the bike is bone stock, I would bet the lugging you feel is actually a lean miss. Factory stock bikes are just plain old too lean. My 2009 was TERRIBLE from day 1. Dealer could not address the issue and looked at me like I was crazy.
Anything can push you to the extreme side.

Perform the vibration test while standing still otherwise you will be going in circles.. All these engines have a "band" of natural vibration that does not come from the tranny/wheels and road.
By chance is your oil pressure lower than it use to be at idle..

No change in oil pressure according to gauge. How do I fix what you mentioned? Needs to be economical hence the reason my bike is stock. We don't have a lot of disposable cash.

Regardless of how the bike now runs, for a factory stock lean condition.... a quick, easy, with not a lot of testing or adjustments would be a Dobeck TFI.
Very cost effective too.

Behind the clutch pac is a bearing. If this goes it will cause a vibration as you stated earlier. Bad thing is in order to get at it ya have to pull the primary totally off to access it. Only oil it gets is from splash from inside primary. Maybe, just a thought.

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I wanted to update just in case anyone is interested. After riding for a period time then stopping for gas or a break, upon start-up I got this very loud noise from the left side. It sounded like a marble spinning in a metal coffee can and would disappear after a couple minutes riding. A friend said it might be the compensater. Took bike to dealer, they knew exactly what it was after hearing the sound and repaired under extended warranty. NOT compensator but clutch bearings. Vibration, tugging sensation gone. I am happy! It's like having a brand new bike!

Thanks for coming back on and posting the fix to your problem. It could help other members in the future.:s

Back