Stranded without fob please help

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by CVOlover, Apr 22, 2012.

1. CVOlover

CVOlover Member

Does anyone know how to disarm security system? I have left my fob key when I went for a ride. I am now stranded in another city and need someone to walk me through on how to disarm the bike so I can get it started to make it back home .. Hopefully I can get an answer before night falls

Thanks,

Tyler
    [​IMG]

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

3. lorne

lorne Senior Member

where a bouts are u? i cant help you with your problem but if i am close i have a trailer.

4. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

It would sure help if you gave us a hint of where you are.
    Many riders would help but the USA is a big place and we can't guess.

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

If you come back on to check this thread and you don't know your manual pin# try the last 5 digits of your vin# if it has never been reset.Or 12345

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Too late for OP, but doesn't your owners manual come w/card in the back where the owner can record the PIN & it also has disarm procedures? I don't have security on my bike, but the cards are there...wallet would be a great place to have this info...JMO.

7. ultradoc

ultradoc Active Member

Call the local dealer ans maybe they can talk you through it. Good luck.

8. GroundHawg

GroundHawg Active Member

Mine did. The dealership even filled it out for me. I put it in a secure place - at home... I was in the same boat as the OP. I was lucky, I knew where the card was and called home to get the code.

9. harleyargo

harleyargo Member

If you don't have FOB how did you set alarm?

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

His bike (2008) has the "proximity" fob that must be within a few feet of the bike for the system to disarm. He probably started it at home with the fob nearby, then shut it off at a gas stop and it armed automatically. He has not been back since he posted, we'll probably never know what happened. :(