free website stats program Stranded Biker Buster | Harley Davidson Forums

Stranded Biker Buster

Gas Gauge

scrounger, I was reading your string about "garage sessions" HD Talking Garage Session - Harley Davidson Community and it alluded to an idea that RichardS had put out there in a previous string about assisting stranded forum members.

I actually did think about posting a thread with a plea for help from a member in the area who might have a trailer, (none of my buds have one)....

This experience has taught us all something though! We need to do something similar to our "Scam Buster" team, and put together a list of members who are willing and able to come to each other's rescue in the event of a "stranding". That doesn't ALWAYS require a trailer, although it sure will much of the time. But, for example, if a local member needs a helping hand with tools, I have a LOT at my disposal, so I can offer that if needed in an emergency. Perhaps other guys, like you, can be available for a trailer ride if needed. Naturally this would be subject to availability and no member would EVER have to "commit" to always being able to help. But I do appreciate your offer, and it's nice to know I have a fellow biker out there who was willing to step right to the plate for me! Thanks so much for that kindness!

I certainly don't want to steal RichardS's thunder or Shanghai his idea, and I would hope he takes the reins on this because he did such a good job with the "Scam Busters", but I figured I'd give this idea a nudge and see where it goes. With a lot of members currently taking or planning road trips, this might come in handy if they are going through your neck of the woods and need help. I know many of our profiles don't indicate where a person is located, so you never know who's neck of the woods you may be in.

Please put me on the top of the list for tools, (I can gain access to a trailer if needed, but I don't have one myself....yet), a ride to a dealership, bring some minor spare parts to the roadside, gas, oil, bailing wire, tape, zip-ties, nuts & bolts, clamps, etc.

Attachments

• HDTimeline-Roadside Assistance Group (RAG) 08-18-2010.xls
    139 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
I always stop for people I don't know so I would surely want to be in on some sort of a "help" list. Meet a lot of good people this way.

Add me to the list for north Fl, south Ga. Tools, parts, trailer, place to stay while bike is in the shop, go look at a prospective buy. All this sounds good but out on the road access to the internet might not be to easy. Maybe we need a thread so that you can print out home and cell #'s before you leave home.

Count me in Maryland, not much of a roadside mechanic, but I can supply tools, rides area knowlege etc.

Just an idea;
When preparing for a trip, post states, towns or areas you expect to be in with an idea of days and or times. Interested members can send phone numbers and thier aproximate area of coverage. If the need arrises a phone call to the closest member willing to help will start the ball rolling. A ride, parts, tools or what ever is needed and can be supplied by the interested member. This could also help with access to the intenet and the vast knowledge available on HDT.
Like I said, just and idea.

Count me in Maryland, not much of a roadside mechanic, but I can supply tools, rides area knowlege etc.

Just an idea;
When preparing for a trip, post states, towns or areas you expect to be in with an idea of days and or times. Interested members can send phone numbers and thier aproximate area of coverage. If the need arrises a phone call to the closest member willing to help will start the ball rolling. A ride, parts, tools or what ever is needed and can be supplied by the interested member. This could also help with access to the intenet and the vast knowledge available on HDT.
Like I said, just and idea.

And a great one at that!

Sounds like a great idea i myself am will to help out anyone i can that gets into problems in my part of scotland
However having a list of telephone numbers covering specific areas could leave the owner of the telephone numbers open to abuse by spammers and cold callers if there numbers were available on the site
As we try to look after the personal security of all forum members it would be very difficult to manage with good security for forum personell
Perhaps the best method to have assistance on any trip would be to pre advertise your trip on the site and ask any prospective assisters to pm you their contact details
If you leave a telephone number visable in a post the moderators will remove it

Brian

I live just north of Cincinnati, OH. Keep me in mind if you need tools, (enough to do most maintenance), a bike jack, and a trailer.

I'd sure be willing to help here in Central Wisconsin. Truck, trailer w/ramp & straps and tools to get most stuff running again. Just will not drive past a stranded vehicle be it a car, truck or bike.

I'm in the Los Angeles / San Bernardino, Southern Californina area, I can help out with tools, and simple roadside repairs.

Back