free website stats program Straighten Handlebars | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Straighten Handlebars

The bars do not appear to be bent; all the concerns are noted.
The bars are aligned with the shock tower bolts, but it seams as if the shock towers may have a slight twist off center. This off alignment is only present as I ride down the road which obviously forces the front tire straight. Is this possible, and can it be corrected? As I ride the head lights and wind shield seem to be streight, only the base of the bars align to the right.
I check on my arm lengths, if this was the cause I would ride in circles.

Strange, My handlebars are a little crooked to the right side as well. I tried what is posted here and it worhed, Don't know for how long though. I was thinking about ordering some new poly urathane bushings or even new risers for my bike. It's been that way since I have had it but, I guess I just got used to it.

I have never had a front end apart on a bike. Is the tree adjustable? and if so, could I screw up the alighnment if I try and tweek it? I am guessing I would have to realign the headlights. Maybe I am better off just the way it is.

Hi I just got my new FLSTC last month and since I have noticed that my bars are also cocked a bit to the right. It drives true if I let go of the bars when driving however I brought it up with the local dealer and they said that a lot of bikes are like that so don't worry about it. However would we accept a new car with the steering wheel slightly as-cue. I think not so I am trying to figure out the best course of action. Being a new bike and all and still under warantee.

When my Streetbob got wrecked the stealer replaced the handlebars and I still cant see where the old bars were bent LOL glad my insurance was not on the hook for that one

Hi I just got my new FLSTC last month and since I have noticed that my bars are also cocked a bit to the right. It drives true if I let go of the bars when driving however I brought it up with the local dealer and they said that a lot of bikes are like that so don't worry about it. However would we accept a new car with the steering wheel slightly as-cue. I think not so I am trying to figure out the best course of action. Being a new bike and all and still under warantee.

I am starting to hear about more owners of newer bikes with the same alighnment issue. As I recall I rented a new '09 FLSTC last year with the same alignment as mine. You make my point very well; why would we settle for something that makes the ride any less than perfect. I still would like to hear from someone who has rebuilt an '05 front end and if there is any adjustment in the alignment. I have a somewhat retentive mentality and this will bug me until I figure it out.

Let's hear from an expert.

Well..., I have an 04 FLSTC and yes, my handle bar is little off to the right too, I have tried but there's no adjustment can be found in HD service manual, I've asked the forum and was pointed out where the adjustment would be but, there's no adjustment for the it, my neighbor has an 06 FLTSC and his handle bar is also little off to the right. It was bugging for awhile but now, I'm just ignore it (as long as I don't look at it when I ride).

Back