free website stats program **Straight fishtails need what?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Straight fishtails need what??

Jack has you covered as far as trying to get straight pipes to work. If you're looking for your bike to be loud the straight pipes will do that, but if your looking for peak performance you need to think about another style of exhaust. There are fishtail type exhaust that are not straight pipes, but they do cost a little more. I tried a set of straight Porker pipes on my 80ci. I never got it really dialed in but it would run fast. The biggest problem I had was that none of my riding buddies would ride behind me. Just too loud.

I have not gone fish-tails on any of my many HD's owned now and in the past.

I have seen and rode next to a few over time. NEVER BEHIND......Talkiing to owners who have them an MY thinking would be the Baffles. I really like Loud but not That Loud and POP...

If you use Baffles it will still be loud and pop but not Near as much.

These bikes were Not made to use straight pipes even when putting in or on devices to quiet them. A certain amount of back-pressure is needed to run these motors properly. Especially the newer models with all the electrical gadgets for tune.

signed....BUBBIE

Fishtails are a classic look, that said the drags are TOO small in diameter to give a bagger performance, I ran these styles on 2 baggers, with alot of tweaking i got them to perform some what. The bigger diameter full fishtail mufflers ( more expensive) is the way to go volume= torque on a bagger

When you go to DeadWood So. Dakota during the Sturgis Rally, They'll have a big Banner across the entrance to the city saying:

Welcome, WE HEARD YOU COM'N.... even with baffles they will know you came.:bigsmiley14:

signed....BUBBIE

Back