free website stats program storage | Harley Davidson Forums

storage

mrl636

I'm wondering if it will cause a problem to the front forks and rear suspension to be extended for long time with the bike up on a frame jack. I want to store the bike off the pavement with the wheels left on for a couple of months. I have a '05 ultra classic with about 22k miles

I do this every winter for about 5 months and no problems yet. Takes the pressure off of front fork springs. It is something I picked up from gramps (rip)
he did it every winter for his old panhead.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't think what to call it till I saw your reply, Glider. Love your picture, Rewind

Do it every winter with every bike I have owned.Put some Seafoam in the tank to stabilize the fuel.

For over 20 years I have done the same winterizing procedure with all my bikes and never had any problems: install new oil and filter; fill up the tank and add StaBil to the gas; trickle charge it once a week for a couple of hours; fill up the tires and let it sit on a piece of old carpet with plywood underneath and cover it. Come spring, change the oil and filter again, check everything and I'm ready to go.

Had my front fork seals replaced last year.
Its good to know that unloading the front forks wont cause any damage

Back