free website stats program Storage covers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Storage covers

I had a discussion at work about moisture when storing any type of vehicle.

When he stores his MGB in a unheated garage over the winter, he uses one bag of cat litter in the vehicle and another outside the vehicle. When he unwrapps it in the spring. he says there is no musty smell .

If its good for controlling Cat odor it must aslo be good for gas and oil odor.

It would be just my luck that all the cats in the neighborhood would use the litter :lolrolling

It would be just my luck that all the cats in the neighborhood would use the litter :lolrolling

Well that would mean that they wouldnt be digging up your best flower bed
so its a win win situation:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling

Brian

Touring bikes 98743-09 for the shield cover heavy duty 2 layer 189.95 list
Touring premium cover 91685-98 129.95 list
Fits all 98716-87 79.95 list
indoor out door touring 98722-90c 109.95 list
They have more page 755 2010 book
I have Premium in door storage ones and like them they are a lot different than the real cheap ones They may be a bit over priced for some people taste.

Thanks Smitty,

I wonder why the premium one is $60.00 cheaper not that I'm complaining or anything.

I just put the bike away for the winter. It's in a locked, unheated garage but I'd still like to cover it. As long as I'm buying a cover I want to buy one that will work outdoors too. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hello, Don't waste your money on those fitted "Breathable" Covers. I purchased one for the Ultra and came to find the bike soaked under the cover. I took it off and replaced it with a low thread count "cheap" Queen size black bed sheet ($7.00). No more moisture, dry as a bone and stayed that way all winter. That's all I will use. Moose

Hiya,my bike is away for winter,unheated garage,my cover is for outdoor/indoor and is breathable and waterproof ????

Same as Smitty901, I use the HD cover(s) & they work great. Got the cotton one for summer (HD# 91685-98) & indoor/outdoor for winter (HD# 98715-85VC). I have my 09 SG connected to the Battery Tender, up on a "rubberized" floor mat w/can of "damp rid" under the cover to keep moisture out. Did the same w/my 05 XL1200C & never had rust/residue problems.:newsmile082:

Hello. First I want to thank everyone for all the helpful info on this site. I have an 08 Ultra Stage 1, and just switched to Spectro/ Mobil 1.
I think I already know the answer, but wanted some input from y'all.
Thinking of storing the bike on my new lift table in front of the pellet stove.
Problem is I only fire up the stove on weekends when working in the garage.
I figure this will contaminate the oil with condensation. Right?
My other option is to put in an unheated shed and throw down some dryer sheets (mice). Thanks for any advise, I've gotten alot out of this site-absolutely incredible.

Stage 1 (Arlen Ness/SE slip on/ TFI) backrest/ removable Tourpack
Man I love this site:bigsmiley24:

Back