free website stats program Stop Glasses from Fogging | Harley Davidson Forums

Stop Glasses from Fogging

lowrider1963

With the cooler temperatures approaching, I have a question about riding glasses. When I ride to work on cooler mornings, my glasses 'fog' up when I stop a traffic lights and then clear up when I start to ride. I know this is due to the temperature and humidity difference between my face and the outside air. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a spray that will coat the lens to prevent this?

There are several Brands of Anti-Fog solution available. I found a liquid at Advance Auto thats I use on the sun glasses when the weather turns cooler & it works well. Check the label while you're at the store to see if there are any warnings about what not to use it on. Here in NC I haven't had much problem with my windshield fogging, just the glasses, and I believe that's because the heat from your face on one side & the cool ambient on the other side is what causes it to fog. What ever the chemical is it seems to work.

Thanks for the info, I'll stop by the automotive store and check out some products. As for windshield fogging, I get that sometimes in the morning since I commute part way through the metro parks. But it is not that bad, and I can always look over the shield, where as with the glasses, if they fog up, wherever I turn, there it is!:D

For your glasses, your Optician and/or any eyewear dispensing outlet will have anti-fog solutions as well.
Walmart has Anti-fog/cleaning wipes ....

I'm going to try to say this in a way that will be allowed. Snow ski shops have a product called Cat (Blank). Fill in the blank with the "C" word for what cats do in a litter box. The stuff works better than anything else I ever used.

I bought this stuff at a bike show and it works:

Blaze Anti Fog

That being said........ I usually don't have a problem until it gets really cold and I ride all year long in Pennsylvania. I just try to breath shallow at the lights and don't cover my face in a way that directs my breath upwards and that usually does the trick. I find that I can breathe through a knit wool scarf and my glasses don't fog and when it gets below 30 deg. I wear a 3/4 helmet with a flip up shield and I flip the shield up at lights.

I have used a wax like preparation that comes either in a tiny jar or small squirt bottle. It is callled Code Red, and works pretty good. You have to reapply a tiny dab once a month or so.

http://www.codered2000.com

Last edited:
I use Blaze Anti-Fog as well. Purchased mine from a nice kid in wildwood new jersey. I was impressed that it worked so well along the coast. I recommend it to every one i ride with.

Just a word to the wise, if your riding glasses are prescriptions with the "anti glare" coating on the lenses, check with your optician before using ANYTHING on them beside water or the solution sold that says "for anti glare" lenses.

Back