free website stats program Stock Sportster horn is less then usefull | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock Sportster horn is less then usefull

The Bad Man's Angel

The horn on my XL883L is the sorriest horn I've ever heard, Just a little louder then the stock exhaust!! Sounds like a cat being chocked!
HD wants $102 for a replacement horn that is actually a FL horn with a Sportester mounting bracket and cover.
I want a LOUD horn, at least as loud as the FL horns but $102 isn't in the budget for awhile.
Any other options? Please No Air Horns.

Your local auto parts store has replacements that will work with minimal work that are in the 130 decibel range.

Sporty horns are bad. A lot of times I wish I had a brick to throw thru some idiot cagers windshield, that'll get their attention. I wish someone made a quick release bracket for a standard brick that you could attach to your handlebars. A brick to the windshield is far more effective than any horn.

The clutch is totally out of my pickup and with $4+ a gallon gas my bike is my sole means of transportation these days, and I am noticing how little cagers pay attention to us now more than ever. Stupid people have done what I call murderous things around me in traffic and I wonder if they know that they almost killed someone? I pay good money for my registration and insurance, I have every right to be on the road too, regardless of what they think.

Sporty horns are bad. A lot of times I wish I had a brick to throw thru some idiot cagers windshield, that'll get their attention. I wish someone made a quick release bracket for a standard brick that you could attach to your handlebars. A brick to the windshield is far more effective than any horn.

The clutch is totally out of my pickup and with $4+ a gallon gas my bike is my sole means of transportation these days, and I am noticing how little cagers pay attention to us now more than ever. Stupid people have done what I call murderous things around me in traffic and I wonder if they know that they almost killed someone? I pay good money for my registration and insurance, I have every right to be on the road too, regardless of what they think.

lol,words of absolute wisdom :D
you must be on the same wavelength as me.

as for fuel its £5.22 a gallon over here (approx $11 USD):bigsmiley30:

Does it fit behind the stock chrome cover?

It would fit behind a stock FL style "cow bell" cover. But not mounted in the stock Sportster mounting location. Horn without cover fits the stock Sporty horn mount between the front frame rails fine but no room for a cover, wires even plug right in.
Stock horn had no cover so the look is a wash.
Sound of the new horn LOUD, Easily gets the Attention of even 90+year old dead people.

I just installed this horn last night... 69112-95D HORN KIT CHROME 1 $73.96
easy to install.. took me about an hour but that was because I was (still am) zombified from working 9- 14 hours days in a row... it came in the mail yesterday and I just couldn't wait to put it on when I got home.

It looks awesome... filled in that side of the bike nicely. Previously the left side of my bike looked so vacant. It sounds like a car horn too.

I'm happy.

Back