free website stats program Stock Seats???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock Seats????

My wife is on the pettit side and at first she had a problem with the seat then I changed out the backrest to a nice curved one and she loves it now. It sits her up a little straighter and allows for more support on the back taking away the slouch so the bumps don't jar her as bad. You might try moving the rear foot rests up or down as need for a more comfortable riding position.

I really like the stock seat on my 09 FLHT. The wife does too. Actually it's the only bike I've had for a while that I haven't changed to an after market seat.

wife hates the seat on my 2011 SG after 200+ miles shes ready to call it a day. when i get to 400-500 after 2 days my backside is hollerin give it a rest :newsmile08:

I hated the stock seat on my road king and my electra glide .... I am 6'3" and neither of them allowed me any leg room.....it felt like I was sitting on top of the gas tank....

92 FLHS and 97 FLHT had stock seats for over 50,000 miles with no problems:s

Hate the stock seat on my '10 RK although my girl is happy with it. In the middle of having it modded to fit my butt. Friend of mine used to own an upholstery shop and he is shaping it for me. Of course we do a little work and then have to "test ride" for a hundred miles or so to see how it is. (g)

I really have no problem at all with the stock seat, done several 500 mile days with no more problem than I would have had in the cage. My wife loves the seat, maybe because of the tourpak backrest.

My 04 EG came with the comfort stich seat and it was o.k ...but....the metal tab on the front that goes up under the tank broke out..the plastic broke out where it hooked to the seat pan...no big deal wrote it off as a fluk...my buddy gave me a brand new 02 pillow top seat , by far more comfortable.. I like it....I saw the other day it is also breaking in the same place ????? anyone have any ideal why they keep breaking on me ??? And I'am puting it on right even double checking to make sure it's on right ????? And Iam not that big of a guy 230 lbs and the ol'e lady only 125 lbs...

Back