Stock Seats????

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Jick Scott, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jick Scott

Jick Scott Member

Am I to assume there is NO stock seat that is comfortable for two up riding on touring models? Would like to hear from those that LIKE any of the stock seats, especially the ladies that ride passenger.

2. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Gotta 07 ultra with the stock seat still on it. No complaints from the mrs or myself. Been down the road a few miles with it and I like it!!!

BTW - what are you looking for??

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

My stock 2008 EG with the large padded backrest and the Misses can go from tank of gas to tank of gas no complaints. That equals about 240 miles.
    The problem might be if no backrest, she needs to hold on with her legs while using arms to not fall into you...Soooo a backrest might be in order for her to relax while being a passenger.

4. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

OOOOHHH LALA!!!! :D that might not be a bad thing though!!

Sorry couldnt resist!! wont hijack thread!!!

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Still have the stock seat on my 05FLTRI. I have several aftermarket seats for the RG and Heritage. The RG seat is one of the most comfortable seats I've seen.

6. Jick Scott

Jick Scott Member

Good to hear from you Smitty. Demo'd a 2012 Road Glide Ultra last Saturday and was very impressed with the seat. Wife is leaving for a couple of months, but want to rent one when she get back in October to see how she feels about it. Sure appreciate everyone taking the time to give me your opinions.

7. stikman

stikman Active Member

The stock seat on my 2010 FLHTK is great the wife and I go tank to tank when on the road and do any where from 500 mi. to 800 mi. a day depending on how we feel. No complaints from her or myself

8. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

Stock seat on my "03 Ultra is just fine for me although I did add the Bead Rider beads to it for better air flow underneath me. No complaints here. :)

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I love my stock FLHX seat...after Mean City Cycle mod (double mem foam). Needed a tad more cushion & shaping.

10. nsty93

nsty93 Member

Nothing wrong with the stock seat on my 08 Ultra,wife has no complaints either.