Stock seat

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Badgerw, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

I have a 2010 Heritage Softail Classic and was thinking of changing out the stock seat for the Signature Series Seat With Rider Backrest, which is listed for $499.95 (part No. 51998-08 ) in the 2011 Harley Davidson Motor Parts and Accesories catalog. Is the seat worth the price or is there another seat anyone would recommend?

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Seats, windshields, pipes, grips - if you talk to a dozen people you'll get a dozen different answers.

Mean City can rework your present seat for less $$$ than taking a chance on a brand new one.

Mustang and Corbin are popular brands as well as HD's Sundowner.

Have fun deciding!

3. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

When I was in this situation with th reac seat, my dealer let me install it and take it for a ride before deciding.It cant hurt to ask.

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

WYW has a very good idea, as many of them stock samples of those catalog seats, as we all know most stockers are not very comfortable for long term riding.

5. doc_63

doc_63 Active Member

I had Allen at meancitycycles.com rework my stock Honda seat and it improved LOTS. I didnt have a good aftermarket seat to compare it to but I know 2 people that sent Mustang seats to Allen for re-work.

Just an observation...

6. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

mustang makes a nice seat with a backrest . years ago 2004 with the pass pillion 350 or 400 not cheap either . my mustang was 325 on 80 flt. didnt know bout companies that could of redid my stock seat that was torn back then . live and learn , next time ill now , but dont see me getting rid of my air rde seat any time soon good luck

7. by47025

by47025 Member

I got the HD sundowner and the wife did not like it at all. That why it would be good to try before you buy.

8. watch guy

watch guy Banned

I have a Sig. series and rider backrest for my RK and like it a lot. Only problem I found was it sat me a little too high. That may not be an issue for you since he Heritage sits lower anyway. It is very comfortable and has lot's of cushion. I wasn't aware they had a model for the Heritage.

9. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You're not going to tell us which one it is ??? :p