free website stats program Stock seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock seat

Badgerw

I have a 2010 Heritage Softail Classic and was thinking of changing out the stock seat for the Signature Series Seat With Rider Backrest, which is listed for $499.95 (part No. 51998-08 ) in the 2011 Harley Davidson Motor Parts and Accesories catalog. Is the seat worth the price or is there another seat anyone would recommend?

Seats, windshields, pipes, grips - if you talk to a dozen people you'll get a dozen different answers.

Mean City can rework your present seat for less $$$ than taking a chance on a brand new one.

Mustang and Corbin are popular brands as well as HD's Sundowner.

Have fun deciding!

When I was in this situation with th reac seat, my dealer let me install it and take it for a ride before deciding.It cant hurt to ask.

WYW has a very good idea, as many of them stock samples of those catalog seats, as we all know most stockers are not very comfortable for long term riding.

I had Allen at meancitycycles.com rework my stock Honda seat and it improved LOTS. I didnt have a good aftermarket seat to compare it to but I know 2 people that sent Mustang seats to Allen for re-work.

Just an observation...

mustang makes a nice seat with a backrest . years ago 2004 with the pass pillion 350 or 400 not cheap either . my mustang was 325 on 80 flt. didnt know bout companies that could of redid my stock seat that was torn back then . live and learn , next time ill now , but dont see me getting rid of my air rde seat any time soon good luck

I got the HD sundowner and the wife did not like it at all. That why it would be good to try before you buy.

I have a Sig. series and rider backrest for my RK and like it a lot. Only problem I found was it sat me a little too high. That may not be an issue for you since he Heritage sits lower anyway. It is very comfortable and has lot's of cushion. I wasn't aware they had a model for the Heritage.

I have had 5 seats on my bike looking for just the right one,the ones I liked my wife didn't:(
I think I found one we both like now!:D
Good luck with it :lolrolling

You're not going to tell us which one it is ??? :p

Back