free website stats program Stock mufflers for 2000 FXDWG | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock mufflers for 2000 FXDWG

classicmax

I won a 2000 FXDWG in a raffle, nice bike but too loud for my taste. I found a set of stock mufflers with part number 64941-07. Can anyone tell me if they will fit this bike?

That part numbers lists for 07-08 dynas only. There has to be some difference in the years to list just that .
It may be a cross over pipe that is the difference.

I won a 2000 FXDWG in a raffle, nice bike but too loud for my taste. I found a set of stock mufflers with part number 64941-07. Can anyone tell me if they will fit this bike?

That part numbers lists for 07-08 dynas only. There has to be some difference in the years to list just that .
It may be a cross over pipe that is the difference.

Nothing to go on here but Memory,,,, I owned a 2ooofxds IF that is IF memory serves me right.....

The muffler system Stock, had a problem with the bracket support that hooked to the tyranny,,, Being a rubber mounted engine,,, Holding all together so movement was same and the Weight of that stock muffler brackets to hold them together Way Too much.... Long looking metal followed along with and behind the mufflers...... TON of extra metal holding the mufflers up,,,so the tyranny support the OFTEN broke.. I welded mine as That support arm had to be ordered... The weld never broke and I did away with all the extra weight by going with a set of Python 3''s... Much better in my view.but too LOUD for you.

I do think they changed the hangers for the Later mufflers BUT LOOKING at a bike that they call out for them to FIT , Placing your bike Side by Side and compare should TELL you IF you can swap them out.... I don't think there is any difference in the mufflers but the bracketing.

signed....BUBBIE

Back