free website stats program stock crank | Harley Davidson Forums

stock crank

fattyboy

HI All, well its been awhile.Still working on 03 fatboy,motor 113.se htcc ported heads,10.5.1 pistons,cams woods 9fg.crank screamin eagle stroker.10 over bigger bore cyls.pulled motor apart it keep pinging.was going to change pistons to drop the comp.anyways i found the front piston rod has alot of slop in it,My question is can i stick the stock crank back in it and run the same 9fg cams with new pistons and i will have to go 20 over.

What IS different from the crank Now to the old one?

The older cranks were good in that year...

IF the crank was not Special for the modifications you did when putting it in, I see NO reason Not to use the old but Strong crank...

Don't know how you got it to 113 on that motor without stroking it?

signed....BUBBIE

You need to mic. the new wrist pin and the connecting rod bushing. Machine work may be needed.

HI All, well its been awhile.Still working on 03 fatboy,motor 113.se htcc ported heads,10.5.1 pistons,cams woods 9fg.crank screamin eagle stroker.10 over bigger bore cyls.pulled motor apart it keep pinging.was going to change pistons to drop the comp.anyways i found the front piston rod has alot of slop in it,My question is can i stick the stock crank back in it and run the same 9fg cams with new pistons and i will have to go 20 over.

Are you saying the "slop" was between the piston pin and rod bushing? In which case one would re-bush the piston end of the rod and replace the piston pin. No need to replace the crank. Piston for that cylinder and the bore should be measured to confirm fitment and, if OK, use the piston. Perhaps break the cylinder wall glaze and new rings.

If you have to go .010" over, you can do that one cylinder and call it good; the motor won't know the difference.:unsure

If I misunderstood the question, we can start over but I don't see how the piston pin issue is related to the crank.:dknow

Back