free website stats program still Waiting | Harley Davidson Forums

still Waiting

Man it has been 7 weeks waiting on new painted tank from HD. I wonder if i could wait this long to pay HD financing my monthly payments. It is killing me all this 70 degree weather and no Road King. Anf to top it all off my brother in law went out and bought him a harley just to rub it in.

Why are you getting the tank repainted by HD ? Was there a factory flaw or something ? I'd be making some noise to somebody, 7 weeks is a long time.

I was told, by my dealer, that the factory only paints certain colors at different times of the year so you have to wait until they paint the part you want, when they get to those parts.

I waited 16 weeks for a tank and a fender, Chopper said H D farms out there paint, Hard to believe

Had freak accident in garage and had small fire. Damaged tank and windshield. Dealer had to send tank to dealer to get it painted cause of anniversary emblems. I wanted to keep it original as far as the paint goes. Was told that the luxury rich red doesn't take as long as the others, but for as much as they charge for their painting it shouldn't take this long.

I'd be making some phone calls. The old adage, squeaky wheel gets the grease, may just apply in this instance.

Maybe your brother-in-law will let you ride his in the meantime :)

If the bug to ride is killing you so bad, you should buy the cheapest tank you can find on Ebay and get out there and ride. OK, it won't match but at least you'll have the wind in your face while waiting for the perfectly matched tank to be done.

Check your paint close, my new tank and fender have blisters in the paint, still waiting for The MOCO to make it right, Jack

Lean on your insurance company to rent you a bike. Or the dealer should give you a loaner if it takes much longer. :s

Back