free website stats program still no fire,changed everything i can think of | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

still no fire,changed everything i can think of

Slow down, get a schematic & Buy a Multimeter.

I agree, but for under 40.00 buck he can get the ignition module "guaranteed" on ebay. If he has no EFI Map, I'm guessing he should be able to plug it right in. He has already thrown alot of parts at the problem. He has voltage to the coil. (I read his previous posts) All started with a battery problem.

Just for giggles, check to make sure the kill switch on the right handle bar is not in the off position. I had this happen to me and it drove me nuts I even ran the wiring diagram and just by accident happen to switch it and it started. I felt like an idiot but never have forgot it to this day. Sometimes we tend to overlook the simple thing and think about the big things I guess. If thats not it at least you can cross one more thing off the list. Best of luck in finding whatever it is.

Slow down, get a schematic & Buy a Multimeter.

If its good enough for Hoople, its good enough for me, I would take his advice and check the wiring starting at the battery , always start at the source and a multi meter is a very good tool along with a test light no garage should be with out either IMO:D Its easy to throw parts at a project and never know the cause and effect when we are done some times we get lucky most of the time not why not take some time and get to know how these things work then you can help us

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOA BRO...before you get more frustrated, let me play devil's advocate..."no fire changed everything..." what led you to start changing parts without posting your diagnostic troubleshooting plan in your original post. Fire means 3 things are needed, ignition, fuel and heat (compression). Before throwing parts at a problem, you "SHOULD" use at least two diagnostic methods to determine if some part is bad. For example, did you determine no spark, i.e. pulled plug wire, inserted a bolt and gap near engine bare metal approx. and SAW no spark? The presence or absence of spark would say that plug was not getting ignition, but BOTH would have to be bad before you could say the ignition was fault (1 cylinder working would give you fire). Sounds like you were throwing parts at it before actually determining if ignition was fault, could just as easily be no fuel...so REWIND and troubleshoot with check off list of basics, determine if it IS ignition, or fueling, or lack of compression before leading yourself down the merry path...a poster went thru what you did before he realized he was not getting fuel, turned petcock to reserve...NEVER MIND!

Last edited:
Just went through the process with mine. It was ignition. Took our the crane cam one and put in a dyna.. runs great now

Back